The Vice President of Finance reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for managing all financial functions including accounting, financial operations, internal controls, policies & procedures, insurance coverage and contract review. Additionally, the VP of Finance will work with Operations, Resource Development and Human Resources to ensure financial consistency and best practices with regards to financial accounting. The ideal candidate will be self-reliant, a good problem solver, results driven and have a passion for the mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Establish and implement policies and procedures for all financial management functions, ensuring appropriate internal controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Develop and communicate agency wide commitment to integrity and ethical values, internal controls and risk assessment, monitoring and remediation.
• Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution, act as the staff liaison for the Board Finance Committee.
• Manage direct reports: Finance Business Partner and Accounting Assistant; mentor and develop finance team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
• Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with CEO, Leadership Team, BGCCC’s board of directors, and staff.
• Superior management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
• As a business partner to the CEO and senior leadership, assess organizational performance against both annual budget and organization’s long-term strategy.
• Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Forecasting and analyzing data in order to make strategic decisions about the organization's future.
• Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures; plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Ensure that BGCCC is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to the CEO, Board and leadership team.
• Provide analytical support to BGCCC’s internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
• Oversee the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, recordkeeping and reporting, working with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules; audited financial statements and 990.
• Engage the Board Finance Committee with issues, trends and changes within the organization, as well as in developing short and long-term financial plans and projections.
• Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas and selecting and engaging outside consultants/services (auditors, investment advisors).
• Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with strategic plan, especially as the organization considers large-scale improvements or advancements.
• Seek and secure financial support and resources by managing a) All Boys & Girls Club assets and investments, including property, endowment investments and short-term investments. b) Preparation of grant budgets in partnership with the Development team; ensure proper spending, labor allocations, reporting and billing.
• Agency wide compliance with government grant allowable cost and financial recordkeeping requirements.
• Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, grantors, auditors, etc.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns, including 990.
• Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast (vs. budget); Cash flow forecast.
• Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
• Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new Clubs, asset acquisition, new service launches).
• Develop and maintain capital budget.
• Develop relationships with and participate in calls with lenders and vendors.
• Oversee cash flow, planning investment, asset management and ensure availability of funds as needed.
• Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
• Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
• Oversee the finance department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, including researching and implementing new accounting software.
• Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Manage the organization’s insurance program (i.e. liability);
• Manage the company’s real estate affairs together with the CEO and VP of Operations.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration (preferred).
• A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience managing the accounting functions in a nonprofit agency, board member of a nonprofit or equivalent experience.
• Diverse work experience, in both nonprofit and corporate settings is preferred.
• Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
• Experience working with finance and accounting software systems and packages.
• Significant experience in and knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
• Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to build positive relationships with people at all levels, maintain confidentiality and engender trust.
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
• Entrepreneurial team player with the ability to multitask, strong mentoring, coaching experience with diverse levels of expertise.
• Proven ability to be flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Experience with capital campaigns and bond management is preferred.
• Experience managing investments is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume to Shiron Johnson - email@example.com