Position Summary: The Vice President of Finance will oversee the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s financial services and departments, supporting and promoting profitable goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees the schedules and responsibilities of staff in the department.
- In collaboration with other executive staff, and skilled and trusted departmental employees, develops, implements, operates, maintains, and controls the essential operating systems, information, and financial business of the company.
- Defines and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the finance division and, as appropriate, the entire organization; facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team.
- Drafts and implements policies and best practices to support achievement of objectives and required standards.
- Prepare all schedules and analyses necessary to complete the annual financial audit (and Single Audit, if necessary) by outside auditors; serve as liaison with the auditors during fieldwork.
- Complete timely filing of all IRS forms and other tax returns.
- Drafts business plans for new services and markets.
- Prepare monthly financial reports presented in an understandable and useful manner, while complying with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Develop all agency and department budgets, including any budgets required for individual grants or funding sources.
- Ensures availability of adequate and appropriate equipment, staffing, and systems; recommends additional staffing and services.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled Board Finance Committee meetings; prepare documents necessary for discussion and decision-making.
- Implement and document investment and banking activities as approved by Finance Committee.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in finance including technological advances.
- Facilitates implementation of new systems and major modifications of existing systems to reduce downtime.
- Performs other duties as required.
Agency Mission and Goals:
- Understand and support the mission of the organization; commit to elevating mission effectiveness.
- Represent the agency with professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to excellence.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation through goal-setting, strategies, and tactics.
Related Agency Activities:
- Support the Chief Executive Officer to ensure highly productive management of the organization.
- Contribute to the creation and stewardship of the organization’s fundraising culture.
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance; develop professional goals and objectives.
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences; work collaboratively with staff to meet goals.
- Participate in fundraising and volunteer engagement events as directed.
- Engage in approved continuing education opportunities as appropriate.
- Serve as an ambassador for the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience managing financial operations.
- Skill in examining, developing, and recommending financial procedures.
- Effective communicator, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience preparing documents for annual agency audit and working with auditors.
- Experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to provide professional references and clear extensive background checks.
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred.
- Nonprofit financial management.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with professionals. Work is generally performed in an office setting. This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout Tarrant County. Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extremes in safety hazards or hazardous materials.