At the Goodwill Dallas, we change lives one job at a time by empowering people with disabilities and other barriers through job training and employment at Goodwill and in the community. We achieve our mission by living our core values of Respect, Commitment, Improvement, and Integrity.
Our Success Coaches are advocates and guides for our clients helping them to remove barriers and create a success plan that will lead to new employment or advancement in their current employment. Success Coaches are deeply caring individuals with strong motivation to see their clients succeed through one-on-one coaching sessions that connect clients to training pathways, assess needs, and provide wrap-around supports. Success Coaches are team players with a commitment to collaborative work streams and a heightened level of initiative to get things done. Success Coaches understand when working with vulnerable populations you will wear “many hats”, will be expected to get results in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with purposeful change on a daily basis.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with Career Service Team (Team) to understand clients’ backgrounds and barriers through a robust intake process.
- Collaborates with Team and other departments and clients to identify training needs and assists with enrollment in training programs and/or path to credentials.
- Plans with each client to create an Individual Career and Financial Plan (ICFP) and supports client progression through completion of the ICFP.
- Maintains knowledge about other social service agencies and provides wrap-around supports and resource referrals.
- Actively works with Team to meet grant requirements.
- Assists Team and clients to determine eligibility to access specialized grant funded services.
- Completes weekly check-ins throughout training and service delivery.
- Delivers various basic digital literacy skills trainings that meets student and employer needs, including teaching students how to operate computer software and assesses their abilities to use computers, while maintaining accurate class rosters and standards of training delivery
- Maintains accurate records in Client Management System database.
- Reviews and analyzes service reports with Director to drive efficient and effective service delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel within the Goodwill Dallas Service area may be required, as well as travel to and from partner sites for mobile service delivery.
- B.S. or B.A. in social services, business, or related field, preferred, or equivalent years of related experience may be substituted for degree requirement at the discretion of Goodwill Dallas.
- Minimum of two years of staffing, social work, or workforce development or related experience. A varied work history is a plus.
- Knowledge of employment placement techniques, the local job market, and employer’s expectations.
- Excellent computer and communication skills with ability to lead presentations as/if required. Facilitation experience and/or curriculum development is a plus.
- Flexibility to adapt to tasks as required by clients and/or leadership.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the Mission Services Team and under the direct guidance of the Director of Career Services.
- Complete required courses and obtain required certifications (UNTWISE Job Skills, Job Placement, First Aid, CPR) and obtain other employment related credentials as necessary.
Goodwill Dallas seeks to create an inclusive and dynamic team environment where people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives can thrive and have a positive impact to achieving our mission. This job posting generally captures the key duties and qualifications for the role but is not considered to be all inclusive. If this opportunity and the Goodwill Dallas mission speak to you, we encourage you to apply.
Please fill out application through Linked In (link)