The Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance (MDHA) leads the development of an effective homeless response system that will make the experience of homelessness in Dallas and Collin Counties rare, brief, and non-recurring. MDHA brings together more than 85 shelter, housing and supportive services programs in retooling homeless services into a crisis response system.
MDHA’s mission rests on the 2009 Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act, and Opening Doors, the national strategic plan to end homelessness, established under the Act.
MDHA works collaboratively with the City of Dallas Office of Homeless Solutions, the Dallas Area Partnership, the Citizen’s Homeless Commission, the Behavioral Health Leadership Team, and other partner resources to end homelessness in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MDHA is seeking a President/CEO who is a strong leader to provide agency leadership, planning and collaboration; resource development; program delivery; administration and management of MDHA. The President/CEO will accomplish this by;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Continuum of Care Strategic Work Plan to prevent and end homelessness.
- Building effective public, nonprofit, and private sector relationship necessary to ensure agency success.
- Maintaining visible community leadership and a positive public image to ensure optimal agency effectiveness.
- Facilitating collaboration between and among local homeless service providers.
- Identify potential funding sources – both private and public – to maintain and expand MDHA’s administrative and programming capacity.
- Pursue identified funding sources, including coordinating with Board to gather data, build relationships, develop and submit proposals and provide good stewardship.
- Ensure that appropriate reports are provided to funders and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the fulfillment of HUD mandates for Continuum of Care lead agency.
- Provide leadership and management oversight to the MDHA senior staff team.
- Raise awareness and provide education to the general public on homelessness.
- Assure meaning evaluations of service delivery are in place to monitor system and program outcomes and effectiveness.
- Align the work of the staff and agency’s programs with the mission.
- Lead strategic planning and performance management for the agency.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices and ensure adequate resources.
- Regularly inform the Board of Directors on the financial and programmatic condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Work with the staff and Finance Committee to prepare annual agency budget and manage the agency so that it operates within budget constraints and guidelines.
- Jointly, with the Board of Directors, generate official correspondence of the organization, and, with designated offers, execute legal documents.
Essential Education & Experience
- Minimum seven years of executive or senior leadership experience in nonprofit agencies and/or city and county governments.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred.
- Financial, human resources and operations management experience.
- Ability to build and leverage private sector relationships.
- Experience working with homeless services, residential programs, or affordable housing a plus.
- Experience as a community organizer or leader of community change a plus.
- Strong regulatory compliance support policies, procedures and practices experience.
- Great work ethics and lead with integrity.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing strong public speaking skills, listen well, and encourage open communication and dialogue.
- Possess analytical skills, knowledge of evaluation methods and statistics.
MDHA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history. Submit your materials to email@example.com.
No Phone Calls Please!