About Us: Mothers' Milk Bank of North Texas is a nonprofit organization located in southwest Fort Worth near Benbrook. We connect mothers with excess breastmilk to fragile infants in NICUs and to outpatient babies at home. Thanks to more than 11,000 generous mothers, more than 6.4 million ounces of donated breastmilk have been dispensed to the babies who need it most.
New Position Title: Outreach Education Coordinator
Position Categories: Healthcare, Marketing, Education
Reports to: Community Relations Director
Position: Full-time at 32 hours per week, $18 per hour
Job Summary: Establish strong community partnerships by advocating for the milk bank’s mission and connecting to families through milk bank education, awareness and breastfeeding support.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or public health related field; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong project management, presentation and computer skills; interest in community health; highly motivated; bilingual preferred
- Develop proficiency related to the milk bank’s mission, operations, goals and objectives.
- Identify and engage with key community partners/stakeholders: milk bank depots, lactation consultants, hospital educators, midwives, doulas, community healthcare workers, staff in hospital NICUs, labor and delivery units and in pediatric and OB-GYN offices
- Develop and implement organized and effective relationship-building techniques.
- Utilize current outreach/education tools and develop new communication strategies as needed.
- Work closely with community relations staff and upper-level directors to support programs, communication, promotion and administrative needs.
- Crosstrain as a donor screener to participate in medical interviews as needed.
- Some work on weekends and after business hours required.
- Some work can be performed remotely.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete and pass a background check.
- Routinely interact with community partners; provide educational presentations; distribute marketing and education materials; and document contact information, notes and updates.
- Organize, participate and manage community milk drive events. This includes identifying viable locations; planning logistics, staffing and equipment; coordinating communication and promotion; and screening donors onsite if needed.
- Support outreach activities such as Baby Café, enrichment classes, breastfeeding events and baby fairs. This requires managing scheduling and staffing; setting up promotional displays; and coordinating communication and promotion.
- Personal computer skills and internet access capabilities.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Routine driving to hospitals and clinics throughout Dallas/Fort Worth and in some North Texas locations. (Mileage will be reimbursed.)
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds for transporting materials to events and meetings.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org