- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- Valid driver’s license (required)
- Clean DVM record (required)
- Initial and random drug tests (required)
- Able to lift 50-60 pounds (required)
- Previous experience as a courier highly desired
Starting pay $15-$16 per hour; based on prior work experience
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Simple IRA matching funds
- No nights and rarely on weekends
The ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Excellent driving record with no citations, moving violations, accidents, or suspensions
- Comfortable driving in inclement weather
- Excellent routing and directional skills
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good communication skills including legible penmanship
- Able to following instructions given by healthcare facilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy related to record-keeping duties
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably under deadlines while ensuring safe and efficient deliveries
- Adherence to all established policies and procedures
- Good problem solving skills
- Work as part of a team with minimal direct supervision
- Safely operate vehicles for the timely delivery and return of donor human milk (DHM) and materials to internal and external customers.
- Comply with vehicle safety and all traffic laws.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures in all work areas.
- Perform deliveries and pick-ups punctually and always in a safe manner.
- Use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potential contaminants.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA) guidelines, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules, HIPAA requirements, and other applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Document inventory and transportation of DHM as required by internal and external regulations.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles, and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Follow instructions on courier tickets and ensure documentation correctly corresponds to each item.
- Consider traffic, weather, mileage and other factors when mapping out efficient delivery routes.
- Interact professionally with hospital and depot personnel and outpatient families.
- Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees, depot volunteers, and donors.
- Confirm that all paperwork is signed and verified at time of delivery and pick-up.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed accurately and turned in to the appropriate department at the end of each day.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles, delivery coolers, and garage areas.
- Take vehicles for regular maintenance as necessary.
- Crosstrain with other departments to assist when needed.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org