We are looking for an actively engaged team member who can work diligently as an individual, as well! Are you looking for a challenging role where you can directly affect positive change in the lives of our most vulnerable neighbors? Are you looking to be a part of a team that takes their responsibilities seriously, while having fun and enjoying one another along the way? Are you looking to grow personally as you empower lives to be changed around you? Then this is a role for you!
Housing and Relief Navigator
FULL-TIME EXEMPT: Yes
REPORTS TO: Housing and Relief Program Lead
Salary is dependent upon work experience and education.
Under general supervision of the Housing and Relief Program Lead, this position will provide a broad range of programmatic responsibilities, be a team player and be highly valued individual of a team. Individual job responsibilities are weighed as equally as being a team player that’s dedicated to fulfilling the mission. All activities must support The GLR and GH missions, core values, team environment, strategic goals, and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Summary: Conduct assessment to determine eligibility for housing assistance programs and make appropriate referrals for support services to internal and external partners.
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
- Accompany in home visit with clients and potential clients by obtaining documents and filling out documents
- Process applications and track rental/utility/hotel stay assistance provided to families
- Enroll families and track care in HMIS database through the Texas COC and records services
- Listen, offer suggestions, and provide resources to clients
- Complete all assigned training and work direction
- Ensure program goals are being met in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists with the planning and development of new projects
- Flexibility and availability to work outside normal office hours when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Homeless Prevention Program Lead
- Aids in finding clients by prescreening and calling to see if client meets criteria
- Corresponds through emails and phone calls and refers clients to partner agencies or our programs
- Organized and a self-starter able to work efficiently alone and in a team environment
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of social constructs that impact those experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and practice of time management principles
- Excellent organization, follow-up and follow-through with regard to client referral and record-keeping
- Ability to provide trauma-informed service to persons of diverse backgrounds
- Skilled in using tact and diplomacy in interacting with staff and clients
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ethical practices
- Basic math skills required
- Ability to work with reports and numbers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient typing skills
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources
- Familiarity with office automation
- Master’s degree with zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in human services
- Bachelor’s degree with one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in human services
- High School Diploma with a combination of post-secondary education and experience in human services totaling four (4) or more years’
- Current State of Texas Driver License, or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. If licensed in another state, must obtain Texas Driver License within three (3) months of employment.
- Liability insurance required; employee will operate personal vehicle for business use
- HMIS Licensed
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations throughout Denton County on a regular basis to meet the needs of clients
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients and/or partner agencies, as requested
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical Benefits
- Suite of Voluntary insurance options
- Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Mileage reimbursement
- Monthly Cellular Reimbursement
Office hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will follow up shortly.