Job Title: Gift Coordinator
Location: Commemorative Air Force Headquarters, Dallas, Texas
The Gift Coordinator processes, acknowledges and reports gifts and, maintains accurate donor and supporter information using the Raiser’s Edge database. Assists the Finance Department in reconciling donation records, as needed. Updates email addresses and contact information in MailChimp or other email marketing tools. Responsible for handling fundraising fulfillment inquiries, coordinating responses with CAF Headquarters and the direct mail vendor, as appropriate. Conducts regular communication with donors on pledge commitments to ensure timely pledge payments. Responds, as appropriate, to supporter and donor inquiries. Maintains a historical record of direct mail packages for reference by CAF staff. Supports fundraising and donor events. Provides back-up to other members of the Development Team, including being cross trained on key activities to ensure continuity. Performs other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Philanthropy Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the processing of incoming gifts and donations according to established protocols. Responsible for entry of gifts, pledges and payments into Raiser’s Edge.
- Work with confidential information in a professional and responsible manner.
- Make changes to contact information and mailing lists quickly and accurately.
- Handle fulfillment in an organized and efficient way.
- Field calls from donors and act as first point of contact for donor questions concerning their philanthropy. Demonstrate exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
- Produce donor, gift, and revenue reports, lists, merge files, and labels as required.
- Update and maintain gift processing procedures.
- Track direct mail packages.
- Provide support for CAF activities and events, such as CAF Conference and other events.
- Be sufficiently knowledgeable about CRMs to answer inquiries from the Development team about prospects, gifts, and pledges within our database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate, some college and/or database experience preferred.
- Experience with Client Resource Management (CRM) databases, especially Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate independently on routine activities, exercise sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- High level of poise and professionalism, including follow-through and attention to detail.
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of fundraising.
- A customer service approach and the ability to demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy. Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- High level of enthusiasm, initiative, motivation, and self-direction.
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.
This is a full-time on-site position. The salary range is $37,500-$42,000.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
The Commemorative Air Force is the world’s largest WWII Flying Museum with over 175 WWII aircraft and 85 units in 30 states and 4 international locations. The CAF has a volunteer membership of approximately 20,000. Information concerning our organization can be obtained at www.commemorativeairforce.org.
About the Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center The mission of The Henry B. Tippie National Aviation Education Center (Education Center) is to Honor the Past, Empower the Future by designing and operating programs that provide hands-on learning opportunities and activities for all ages. Located at Dallas Executive Airport, the Education Center is the flagship of the American Airpower Heritage Museum (AAHM), an affiliate of the Commemorative Air Force. www.FlyNAEC.org.
This is a full-time on-site position. Interested parties should send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or copy and paste this link into your browser:
This job is a civilian position and does not require military service (including commission and enlistment).