Heart House is an education nonprofit that serves refugee children with a holistic after-school and summer program utilizing social emotional learning to help them thrive in their new community. Heart House offers a culturally sensitive approach to each child’s needs providing academic and mental health support.
Heart House is seeking an energetic and accomplished senior professional to serve as the Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for leadership, fund development, program results and policy implementation. Great opportunity for an ambitious Director of Development or Chief Development Officer to step into the top leadership role of a small nonprofit organization. This position is responsible to lead the current staff of 6 employees and leads the effort to raise and manage a budget of $500,000.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead and direct the day-to-day operations that will foster growth and fulfill the mission.
The Executive Director is responsible to:
- Provide strategic direction in achieving organizational goals and key performance metrics.
- Possess a leadership style that empowers employees, encourages good performance and rewards productivity.
- Ensure a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources, build brand strategy, and drive community awareness.
- Support and facilitate the Board’s work in exercising their leadership responsibilities through collaboration, communication, and education.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence. Grow programs to increase impact.
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
- Lead all aspects of Financial Management including budget preparation and the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
The ideal candidate will have at least three+ years of nonprofit experience with proven managerial experience. Experience as an executive director would be a plus. The candidate will also have proven fundraising ability and an understanding of financials. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Great opportunity for an ambitious Director of Development or Chief Development Officer to step into the top leadership role of a small nonprofit organization.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.