Dallas Theater Center (DTC), a non-profit professional theater in residence at the AT&T Performing Arts Center, seeks a results-oriented, dynamic and experienced Director of Development. The Director of Development will lead relationship management for DTC, engaging, cultivating, and stewarding a passionate community of supporters invested in our mission and programs. This role is responsible for planning and supervising the theater’s solicitation and collection of all contributed revenue, including cultivation and benefit-fulfillment activities. The Director will manage a three-person team engaged in donor-centered and community-based fundraising activities in support of the annual development plan. Constituents include individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities. The position reports directly to the Chief Advancement & Revenue Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, implement, and enhance all fundraising efforts and program initiatives for the Dallas Theater Center with a current annual goal of $4 million.
• Establish clear standards that ensure DTC donors value the impact of their support through stewardship, donor recognition, and institutional sponsorship, with particular emphasis on the goal of donor retention.
• This position will inspire and lead a team of staff and volunteers to plan, cultivate, solicit, steward and delight donors in their investment in DTC mission.
• Create, implement, and monitor infrastructure systems that are important to shaping a robust and sustainable development program.
• Be the face and voice of DTC with the Board of Trustees and serve as staff liaison to the Development Committee and Nominating Committee.
• Collaborate with DTC’s Marketing and Public Works departments (education & community engagement) to cultivate, expand and diversify an excited and engaged base for DTC.
• Perform work in a manner that is consistent with DTC’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Be an active participant in DTC’s work towards equity, diversity and inclusion and becoming an antiracist organization.
• This position works onsite Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays at DTC’s offices, with the option for remote work on most Mondays and Fridays. Some scheduling flexibility may be available with prior approval of the supervisor and Director of EDI & People Operations.
• Must be available on some nights and weekends, as needed.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• A demonstrated commitment to the mission of Dallas Theater Center to engage, entertain and inspire our diverse community.
• Broad understanding of the operations of a performing arts organization
• Proven personal track record of managing special events and prospecting, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Strong leadership skills that include recruiting, developing, and retaining staff members/team
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Professional demeanor
• A collaborative spirit
• Excellent diplomacy skills
• Ability to be comfortable in social settings.
• Detail-oriented, including accuracy with numbers and finances.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• An appreciator of theater and an advocate for its value for the community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Extensive experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization, with a strong preference toward experience in the performing arts
• A minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director of Development in the subject line.