About Cristo Rey
Cristo Rey Dallas College Prep (CRD) is a Catholic, college preparatory school for students of all faiths who cannot otherwise afford a private education. CRD nurtures and challenges young women and men to recognize and realize their full potential as they grow to love God, respect others and serve their community. Each student participates in the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) which offers a weekly work study experience for all four years.
Who We Are:
- Values-Driven: We educate the whole student: academically, spiritually, and socio-emotionally.
- Growth Opportunities: We prioritize our faculty and staff’s learning and growth.
- Invested Students and Engaged Families: Our students’ families seek out our schools.
- National Community: Our faculty and staff are a proud part of a national movement.
Learn more about our school and career opportunities here.
The Development Director will work with the Board of Directors, leaders from 144 of Dallas’ premiere companies and top community volunteers to ensure that Cristo Rey Dallas has the resources to serve its students. Specifically, the Development Director will manage all fundraising initiatives, including the annual operating campaign. The Director of Development will also work with special projects in the arts and mental health to provide funding for those services to the students and on campus. She or he will be responsible for creating and implementing short and long term action plans to solicit major gifts and corporate giving. As leader of the development team, she or he will oversee significant donor relationships; identify, cultivate, and solicit major gifts; and fundraising events. Reporting to the President, the Development Director will work closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director of Corporate Work Study and high-level fundraising volunteers.
What You’ll Do
Develop a diversified funding base to sustain Cristo Rey Dallas’ ongoing financial needs and cultivate critical relationships with Dallas donors.
- Implement a comprehensive, innovative fundraising plan that includes research, identification, solicitation, and cultivation for short and long term fundraising campaigns
- Serve as representative Cristo Rey Dallas to the Dallas funding community
- Cultivate existing and develop new funder relationships
- Execute innovative vision and oversee fundraising events
- Serve on the leadership team that reports directly to the President
- Promote Cristo Rey Dallas through in-person, phone, and email conversations and seek out potential corporate and financial donors
- Maintain relationships with current donors by keeping them informed about Cristo Rey Dallas
- Work closely with the Foundations Manager and Finance Team to complete reporting and compliance requirements as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to ensure that stakeholders stay connected with the great students and fantastic work of the school
- Other duties as assigned by the President
Who You Are
- Deep commitment to finding resources for a growing school and exceptional students
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, volunteer management and nonprofit event coordination, including significant success with major gifts, corporations, foundations and government sources
- C.F.R.E preferred not required
- Proven track record of meeting annual fundraising goals
- Knowledge of the local philanthropic community
- Innovative approach to communications and fundraising
- Strong record of engaging board members, and direct solicitation of major donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Experience working with non-profit or education organizations in a fiscal capacity
- Comprehensive experience in collaborating with a finance team to ensure long-term sustainability
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and skilled in ambassadorship of organizations
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills
- Personnel management experience
- Evening and weekend hours required on an event basis
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, development databases and social media
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include the position title in the email subject line. List three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference) .
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org