The National Council of Jewish Women Greater Dallas (NCJW Dallas) seeks a dynamic fundraising professional to lead our development efforts, maintaining current support while identifying and aggressively seeking new opportunities. In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Fund Development Committee of the Board, the Director will create a comprehensive annual development plan to grow NCJW Dallas’ fundraising revenues and will be responsible for the plan’s execution.
- Reports to the Executive Director and will have extensive interaction with Board members, key funders, and stakeholders.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board’s Fund Development Committee
- Implement best practices to identify, cultivate, steward, and solicit existing and prospective major donors.
- Manage relationships with and solicit entry and mid-level donors, including annual membership drives.
- Engage members of the Board and staff in donor cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation as appropriate.
- Plan, develop, and oversee execution of print and electronic appeals, in collaboration with communications staff.
- Conceive and oversee design and production of marketing and promotional materials, for example facts sheets, brochures, and annual reports.
- Provide strategic input, partner with event chairs and committee to identify and solicit sponsors and underwriters, and oversee the production of the Annual Luncheon
- Create and produce smaller events to engage existing donors and cultivate new supporters, working closely with other staff and volunteer committees.
- Identify promising grant opportunities from foundation and corporate
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective foundation and corporate donors.
- Track grant proposals, reports, and renewals to ensure timely
- Write and submit polished, compelling reports and proposals, gathering information and input from program and finance colleagues.
- Oversee electronic record-keeping for all fundraising efforts, including populating and maintaining the Salesforce database, tracking and reporting all gifts, grants and pledges, and coordinating timely acknowledgements for all gifts received.
- Create reports and provide fundraising data analysis.
- Provide monthly reports to the President and Vice President of Fund Development detailing fundraising goals, accomplishments, and areas for improvement.
- Provide staff support for NCJW Dallas members as appropriate.
- Monitor annual development revenue against development goals.
- Professionally represent NCJW Dallas in the community.
- Follow all NCJW Dallas policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree required; relevant graduate degree
- Eight to ten years of post-college professional work experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in fundraising, or in relevant field(s) with transferable skills.
- Demonstrated track record of managing successful projects and/or events.
- Facility with Microsoft Office applications, social media, Salesforce or similar donor database, foundation search tools.
- Knowledge of Dallas’ fundraising landscape a plus.
Skills and characteristics:
- Strong commitment to the mission of NCJW; ability to make a persuasive case for support.
- Passion for Dallas and improving the lives of all Dallasites.
- High energy and organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and pro-actively push projects forward.
- Balance of strategic, long-term thinking as well as flexibility, decisiveness, and responsiveness when opportunities arise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- High degree of perseverance, follow-up, and follow-through.
- Sound judgment and ability to handle sensitive issues.
- Ability to interact comfortably with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
To apply, please submit a resume along with a customized cover letter detailing your qualifications, the reason(s) for your interest in this specific position, and your salary requirements by October 1, 2022 to:
Shannon Morse, Executive Director
NCJW Greater Dallas , 16910 Dallas Pkwy, Suite 104, Dallas, TX 75248
Applications via email required. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
NCJW Greater Dallas is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and identities with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical ability, or any other protected status.