TACA – The Arts Community Alliance
Director of Development
TACA is seeking a dynamic, experienced development professional as Director of Development for this small- to mid-sized nonprofit arts service organization. As an integral member of the team, the Director of development will be a thought partner to the President and strategic thinker to help chart the organization’s revenue growth. Responsibilities for this full-time position include generating sufficient revenues to meet and exceed the annual operating and grants program distribution budgets of the organization. The Director of Development will report to and work closely with TACA’s President/Executive Director, and coordinate with the directors of other departments in support of required fundraising/underwriting activities.
The Director of Development will be responsible for creating TACA’s development strategy across all current giving levels (individual giving, corporate and foundations) and executing the development plan in partnership with the President. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborating with TACA’s President and Board to identify goals and success metrics for all fundraising initiatives
• Strengthening and managing TACA’s annual giving programs (individuals, corporations)
• Developing and growing a major donor solicitation plan in conjunction with TACA’s President
• Developing and maintaining comprehensive donor stewardship processes for all donor groups
• Managing and supervising TACA’s fundraising events in collaboration with other development staff
• Developing solicitation materials/presentations/proposals for all fundraising initiatives, including grants, sponsorships, and major gift proposals
• Improving TACA’s donor prospecting processes
• Streamlining development processes and procedures across all fundraising initiatives
• Regular reporting on campaign progress to TACA’s President, Board of Directors, and Board Committees
The Director of Development will research and cultivate relationships with local, regional and national foundations whose grant programs align with TACA’s mission. The Director of Development will also be responsible for writing and submitting grant proposals. This position is extremely hands-on in that the Director of Development will manage all aspects of development.
Additionally, the Director of Development will oversee TACA’s development- related events including securing underwriters/sponsors for TACA’s core fundraising events.
Ideal candidate must also be comfortable in collaborating with and supporting a highly visible President/Executive Director who possesses a strong fundraising skill set.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with 5+ years of fundraising experience preferably in the arts
• Master’s degree in relevant fields preferred
• Appreciation for and love of arts and cultural organizations.
• Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and be a team player in a small/diverse work setting
• Experience in fundraising database platforms – notably Blackbaud (Raisers Edge)
• Experience in building and managing development staff
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
• Must be comfortable meeting with existing and new donors, travel within D/FW
• Must be comfortable working after normal business hours (evenings/weekends) to support development/events and activities
• Personable and works well with others
Reports to the President/Executive Director
Disclaimer: TACA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TACA is committed to the equal
opportunity of all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender
identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or
any other category protected by applicable law. All offers for employment with TACA, Inc.
are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. We kindly ask that you do not call our offices.