As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Development at the Community Lifeline Center (CLC) is responsible for creating and executing comprehensive strategies for fundraising, donor stewardship, marketing, and communications. The hiring of this position comes at a unique time in CLC’s history, as the organization continues to expand its impact to the McKinney and north Collin County communities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will have an opportunity to work with the leadership team and Board to develop and implement a new long term strategic plan for the organization.
The Director of Development will work with CLC Staff, Board, and Volunteers to:
- Build Community Lifeline Center’s donor base, with a focus on individuals
- Build CLC’s brand and name recognition in McKinney and Collin County
- Diversify and expand fundraising channels to include monthly sustainers, direct response, text-to-give, grant funding, third party fundraisers, and other proven fundraising channels
- Create and implement annual development, marketing, and communication plans
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing and managing the development and marketing budget, and which includes tracking all relevant revenues and expenses, and regular reporting of the program to Staff, Board, and other relevant stakeholders
- Serve as part of the Board’s Development Committee
- Manage the fundraising and communications calendars, working with the program and operations team to ensure communications go out in a timely manner and are not competing with fundraising messaging
- Identify and implement methods for improvement in all areas of fundraising: including but not limited to, the solicitation of individual, foundation, corporate, church, or government funding, and the planning of special events
- Manage Community Lifeline Center’s brand identity, both internally and externally, including overseeing any research into brand awareness or fundraising capabilities
- Write and manage grant proposals, focusing on a relationship-management approach
- Manage all development and communication vendors or contractors, including, but not limited to, grant writers, fundraising consultants, direct response vendors, etc.
- Process all donations made to Community Lifeline Center and ensure proper documentation of gifts into donor database and acknowledgement is sent to donors.
- Manage all corporate and third-party giving programs, ensuring proper documentation and stewardship of donors.
- Create and implement a donor stewardship process that matches best practices and exemplifies CLC’s donor-centric fundraising model.
- Create and manage all communications, including donation appeal letters, emails, website content, newsletters, Annual Reports, brochures, and social media communications
- Equip and assist with training staff, board members, and volunteers with the tools necessary to be an ambassador of Community Lifeline Center, allowing them to effectively communicate the impact CLC has on McKinney and north Collin County.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Minimum of three years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated success:
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and donors, with a focus on establishing long-term relationships
- Interacting with multiple constituencies and experience speaking/presenting publicly
- acquiring and retaining individual, corporate and foundation donors
- utilizing promotional and media outlets to build brand recognition
- recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects in a growing, fast-paced organization
- Proficient in MS Office products and donor databases
- Able to work flexible hours and travel locally as needed
- A high energy person with a professional and resourceful style, who has a passion for Community Lifeline Center’s Mission
The starting salary range for the Director of Development is $45,000-$55,000, based on the candidate’s experience. Community Lifeline Center’s benefit package includes employee health insurance and a retirement plan with employer match.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.