Reports To: Director of Development
Main Office: Dallas
Category: Exempt; Full-time
Creation Date: January 2023
TexProtects is looking for an experienced Development Manager who will oversee individual donor efforts.
TexProtects is the only nonprofit and nonpartisan organization in Texas focused primarily on the issue of child abuse and neglect prevention and the aftermath in its absence.
As the Texas chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, our goal is to strengthen the resilience of all families, which in turn protects children from the trauma of child abuse and neglect.
We build strong, safe childhoods for Texas children and families by developing and driving solutions to child abuse and neglect because we know that when children thrive – so does Texas.
By advocating for strong policy, conducting research, collaborating with allies and educating the public, we get results for children and families and secure the future of Texas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing goals and strategies for all development/fundraising campaigns throughout the year, including digital and mailed campaigns such as north Texas Giving Day and Giving Tuesday.
- Plan, execute and oversee the annual fund/solicitation campaign throughout the year in collaboration with the Marketing Team and Director of Development. Key functions include developing direct donor mailings, appeal letters and email campaigns.
- Research donor prospects and maintain a donor prospect list.
- Co-create with the Director of Development the annual donor relations strategy. Execute multiple outcomes of the strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with individual donors, including major donors, within the organization’s portfolio. Key functions include research, solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Maintain the donor database (Bloomerang) and ensure the information is current and accurate.
- Execute prompt acknowledgment of donations.
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Assist the Director of Development with institutional and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research, compiling reports and grant attachments, and preparing organizational documents for foundation submission.
- Alongside TexProtects’ leadership team, serve as a liaison between Board of Director members for fundraising efforts.
- Assist in planning for the Board of Directors Development Committee, including developing agendas for regular meetings, providing support for initiatives and committee efforts, and preparing necessary materials for committee meetings and assignments.
- Keep up to date on current fundraising practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). Inform the affiliate leadership of items that would benefit TexProtects.
- Support the development and finance team in the creation of donor reports.
- 5 to 7 years of nonprofit development experience, preferably in the Dallas market.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Proven track record of managing relationships with donors, board of directors and key stakeholders.
- Experience overseeing a fundraising database.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight and as a team player.
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams.
Full-time employees receive up to a 5% match of their gross salary to be invested in an annuity 401K account currently managed by Vanguard. Employees also have an opportunity to enroll in our healthcare plan through Blue Cross BlueShield.
We value the unique needs of each employee and strive to provide a flexible environment while enhancing productivity, work quality and work-life balance. To this end, TexProtects offers flexible work options, including remote work, flexible hours and 4 weeks paid time off for new employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Our commitment to providing equal opportunity to all is a primary consideration in the success of our organization. Employment decisions will be made only on occupational qualifications and job-related factors such as skill, knowledge, education, experience, and ability to perform a specific job. TexProtects prohibits discrimination on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, genetic information, military status or any other category protected under applicable laws.
Other Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moderate to high-stress level
- Occasional standing and lifting of at least 5 pounds (during events)
- Long periods of sitting
Please submit a cover letter and resume containing salary requirements to email@example.com by February 17, 2023. You can expect a confirmation email upon sending.