The vision of TexProtects is that all children are safe, nurtured, and resilient.
TexProtects protects Texas children from the trauma of abuse and neglect and empowers families to thrive through education, research, and advocacy.
In all that we do, TexProtects will:
- Be child and family driven
- Prioritize prevention
- Be innovative and results-oriented
- Emphasize collaboration and transparency
- Champion research-based solutions
- Drive systemic change
In 2017, TexProtects became the Texas chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America.
What We Do
To achieve our mission, TexProtects engages in research, advocacy and education. TexProtects advocates for better policies, reforms and appropriate increases in federal, state and local funding for three priority areas:
- Prevention: Increasing investment in proven child abuse prevention programs
- Protection: Strengthening and reforming the CPS system
- Healing: Ensuring victims receive adequate and accessible treatment