CEO, SPCA Texas
Victory Search Group is honored to partner with the SPCA of Texas to recruit their new CEO. The SPCA of Texas was founded in 1938 as a resource center to bring people and animals together by carrying out its mission to provide every animal with exceptional care and a loving home.
As one of the largest and longest-serving animal welfare agencies in Texas, the SPCA of Texas is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the strategic direction, ensure the organization’s financial health, orchestrate operational viability and facility oversight, and maintain strong relations with the service communities, philanthropic entities, and corporate partners.
SPCA of Texas is governed by a 17-member Board of Directors. The organization has a staff of 160 and an operating budget of $17M. Its headquarters are in West Dallas, less than 10 minutes from downtown.
To learn more please visit: https://spca.org/.
About the role
- LEADERSHIP - In conjunction with the Board, provide vision, and direction for the future growth of programs, policies, and procedures for SPCA of Texas. Senior leadership experience required.
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY - Oversee the SPCA of Texas budget and business plans and ensure sound fiscal management and capital allocation.
- FUND DEVELOPMENT - Assist the Vice President of Development in securing new donors through cultivation activities and presentations.
- PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH - Serve as a spokesperson for SPCA of Texas and effectively represent its mission to attract the widest interest and support.
- PROGRAM AND SERVICES DEVELOPMENT - Regularly evaluate all programs to determine their effectiveness and need in the community.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. MBA, MPA, veterinary medicine, shelter management, organizational development/nonprofit management are desired.
The CEO, SPCA Texas reports to the Board of Directors and will be evaluated on a semi-annual basis by the Board. The successful candidate will lead a team of six direct reports: Vice President, Development (vacant); Vice President, Marketing & Communications; Vice President, Finance; Vice President, Animal Welfare; Vice President, People & Culture; and Chief Medical Officer.
Why join SPCA of Texas as their CEO now?
- Opportunity to set the vision and define the next 10 years for one of the largest and longest-serving animal welfare agencies in Texas. Its brand is well-recognized, and the mission has attracted dedicated support from many of Dallas’ philanthropists. The SPCA of Texas is financially sound with $35M in assets.
- Nationally, animal shelters are at capacity and adoptions are lagging, that trend is true across Dallas as well. The SPCA of Texas provided the 1st low cost spay and neuter clinic in 1976 and the 1st animal cruelty investigations unit in the 1990s. In 2023, SPCA of Texas won Collaboration of the Year award from D CEO for its work with Spay Neuter Network and Dallas Animal Services. The need for the safety net provided by the SPCA of Texas, and for it to remain innovative and at the forefront of animal welfare, is critical.
- The SPCA of Texas offers an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 3% 403(b) match; paid time off; and more. Medical insurance plans are available with no cost to the employee.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with CEO, SPCA Texas in the subject line.
Victory Search Group is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients, including nonprofit organizations, from seven offices across the United States. Highly collaborative and focused on customer service for over 18 years, Victory Search Group prizes our partnership with clients and their trust in our judgment, integrity, and responsiveness.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with CEO, SPCA Texas in the subject line.