Network of Community Ministries responds to human need by giving assistance with the goal of helping individuals achieve long-term independence. Its mission is “caring, coaching and empowering our neighbors in need as they seek an improved quality of life.” Network provides food, clothing, job counseling, and rent/utility assistance to low-income families and individuals in addition to special projects meeting the needs of children and seniors within the community.
Performs a variety of routine accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and related financial areas. Posts information and balances accounts, processes payments and assists with the monthly closing and reporting requirements. Office operations and vendor communication. Communicates with other departments to provide information and resolve problems.
- Maintain all bookkeeping and accounting functions including, but not limited to, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Enter and reconcile credit card purchases
- Enter donation batch reports and prepare bank reconciliations
- Record and supply financial information and reporting for designated grants
- Timely reporting of all monthly and year-end financial information
- Oversee all purchase, maintenance, and inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Manage the relationship with all contractual partners and external vendors
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or related experience
- Prior accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Computer proficiency (QuickBooks, Bill.com, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Excellent computation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; relates well to people
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
Physical and Sensory:
- Read, write and converse in English
- Communicate effectively with staff and potential donor constituency
- Keyboarding or data entry for up to 8 hours per workday
E-mail resume and salary requirements to Sheri Harden at firstname.lastname@example.org.