Job Title: Workplace Campaign Associate
Department: Resource Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $20 - $23 an hour (40 hours per week)
Term of Service: August - November 2022
At United Way, we believe in the power of unity and equity to create lasting change. We’re committed to strengthening education, income, and health – the building blocks of opportunity – in our community. And for nearly 100 years, North Texans who share this passion have joined with us to LIVE UNITED. Our movement of community change-agents and hand-raisers is growing, and we’re looking for a Senior Manager to help build on this momentum.
The Workplace Campaign Associate will function as a member of the Resource Development team by managing assigned corporate workplace campaign accounts. Analyze accounts to develop effective fundraising strategies, work with company volunteers to plan and implement fundraising campaigns, give presentations to educate, motivate, and train volunteers and employees, and handle administrative tasks related to workplace fundraising campaigns.
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is fully committed in all aspects of our work to becoming a fully inclusive, multicultural, antiracist organization. Those who share in this commitment and who are willing to actively engage antiracist ideas, behaviors, and actions are invited to apply for open positions.
- Attend a comprehensive, paid training program to learn how United Way of Metropolitan Dallas operates and changes lives in our community
- Contact local companies to secure campaign volunteers and commitment for conducting annual workplace fundraising campaigns
- Set financial and non-financial goals and monitor progress
- Review account histories, identify needs, and develop strategies to meet goals
- Assist and provide customer service to campaign volunteers at area companies as part of planning and implementing workplace fundraising campaigns
- Regularly attend campaign events, solicit donations, and communicate to employee groups how United Way contributions benefit the community
- Speak on behalf of United Way of Metropolitan Dallas in employee meetings of 5 to 100 people to educate, motivate, and/or train volunteers.
- Help organize speakers, campaign events, materials, tours, and volunteer projects for company campaigns
- Gather account information such as volunteer contact information and employee counts to submit to administrative staff for input into United Way’s database
- Follow up regularly with campaign volunteers to attain and finalize campaign results
- Collect, count, review and transport donor contributions (payroll deduction pledges, cash and checks) and pledge forms from workplace sites to the United Way finance office
- Exhibit personal commitment to the success of the campaign through quality work, team participation, and timely customer service
- Other projects as assigned
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum three years of experience in sales, account management, or fundraising
Ability to work normal business hours with occasional hours outside the normal work schedule i.e. conducting employee speeches or working special events evenings/nights/weekends
Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance coverage required (daily travel in Dallas area via automobile)
- Highly ethical and professional demeanor
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Must be comfortable speaking before diverse audiences of 5-100 people on a daily basis
- Passion for making a difference in the community
- Able to build relationships with a wide variety of customers and campaign volunteers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Team-oriented & flexible
- Proficient with personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office programs
- Move up to 40lbs of weight
Please apply online: www.unitedwaydallas.org