Who We Are:
For 50 years, Metrocrest Services (Metrocrest) has provided programs for individuals, families, and seniors that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence. Metrocrest offers a comprehensive bundle of services to address gaps in finances, employment, and nutrition to help holistically end poverty and decrease inequities for residents of Addison, Carrollton, Coppell, Farmers Branch, and the City of Dallas in Denton County.
We are looking for team members who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need. We are based in Farmers Branch, Texas. Local candidates only, please.
The Workforce Development Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating robust programs to recruit, assist and place Metrocrest Services clients with educational programs and livable wage jobs. As a critical part of our bundled approach (Working Family Success), this position requires leadership, advocacy and collaboration with other agency department managers, clients, and service providers. This position will lead our Workforce Development team to develop strategic partnerships that advance employment opportunities for our clients and partners. The Workforce Manager will exercise leadership to strengthen our employment assistance services, embrace our mission, and bring a sense of humor and passion to their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement various tools and materials for Workforce programs and services, including pre-employment, job placement, and job retention services
- Develop and/or coordinate educational workshops and various trainings for job seekers in collaboration with community partners and/or instructors
- Actively participate and contribute in strategic planning and decision-making discussions to regularly evaluate strategies that will support the Workforce department’s growth
- Manage and participate in Workforce projects and initiatives and provide solutions for upcoming initiatives
- Develop contacts with local employers and other community resources to increase availability of local employment opportunities
- Identify, network, and maintain partnerships with external employment and career development programs to increase visibility of the department’s programs and services
- Ensure that the Workforce department provides information and referral for appropriate resources for education, training, and rehabilitation
- Provide overall direction, feedback, training, and professional development opportunities to a small team of Workforce Specialists
- Understand and effectively communicate the department vision and goals to the Workforce team
- Collaborate with the Director of Housing and Support Services to develop and maintain measurable outcomes for the department and implement appropriate plans
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to recruit, train and appreciate volunteers who will help staff the program
- Work closely with additional departments to identify and address barriers to employment that clients may be facing to provide consistency in client services
- Track and report program data and prepare demographic and other reports on regular basis, as specified by supervisor
- Meet with clients when needed, oversee the management of client case files, records, and conduct follow-ups as needed
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and any training, conferences, etc. as needed
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Housing and Support Services
Education, Experience, & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Human Services, Business or related field of study
- Minimum five to eight years of experience in related workforce and career development field; working with clients in a social service setting
- Minimum three to five years of experience supervising staff
- Knowledge of current department policies and regulations governing eligibility for clients
- Strong project management and leadership skills; ability to prioritize tasks, efficiently manage timelines, and effectively execute projects with limited supervision
- Ability to develop and lead teams, and work effectively in teams led by others
- Ability to leverage various social media platforms to connect with participants and increase outcomes
- Ability to manage a team that occasionally works remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, MS Office Suite - Teams, Outlook, Salesforce, Google Suite, etc.)
- Effective interviewing techniques and procedures
- Ability to interpret employment program regulations in a clear, accurate, and friendly manner to clients
- Cultural humility; demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with individuals from diverse and low-socioeconomic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow up when interacting with employees, clients, or public using a telephone, in a face-to-face, or one-to-one setting
- Workforce Specialists
$53,000 - $58,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You’ll love working here because we...
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture.
- Communicate and collaborate as a team.
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve.
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Local Candidates Only. No phone calls please.