Who We Are:
Make-A-Wish North Texas - Since 1980, Make-A-Wish® has been creating life-changing wish experiences for children with critical illnesses around the world. Wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Wishes even reunite families and enrich entire communities. Every eligible child needs a wish to count on! To learn more about us, please visit us at https://ntx.wish.org/
How We Work:
We are a culture grounded in the knowledge that wishes bring hope that can change everything. We care about our wish families, each other, ourselves, and our communities. We believe in communicating with curiosity, assuming the best of intentions, and listening to understand. We think it’s important that all voices get to be heard. We are transparent. We passionately bring wishes to life, and we have a lot of fun along the way! Ultimately, we strive for joy in our work, so that we can be a source of joy for our wish kids and their families. If your experience and skills meet the needs outlined in this job description, and this is the type of work environment you value and want to be a part of, then please apply!
About the Role:
The Wish Logistics & In-Kind Manager is responsible for the management of wishes from the time the child is qualified for Make-A-Wish until the child’s wish is granted as well as driving procurement of in-kind donations. The manager collaborates with other staff, volunteers, vendors, and community supporters to create an overall wish experience through which children and families build resilience and experience healing.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Major Responsibilities (Logistics):
- Arranges travel, lodging, nursing care and medical equipment as needed for wish trips, ensuring safety, quality and cost standards are met.
- Researches and secures resources for non-travel wishes.
- Builds and maintains in-kind donor and vendor relationships.
- Develops and manages budgets, resources, and project plans for each wish.
- Prepares and sends wish materials including paperwork letters, brochures and itineraries.
- Enters wish information into databases and monitors quality.
- Assists with wish file organization and monthly wish reconciliation.
- Provides support for rush wishes / wish emergencies as required.
Major Responsibilities (In-Kind Solicitation & Stewardship / Development):
- Create and facilitate an In-Kind Solicitation and Stewardship Program, working with both Program Logistics and Development/Corporate Team to identify potential partnerships and to manage existing partnerships.
- Serve as the point person to contact / solicit prospective in-kind partners that have expressed an interest in helping Make-A-Wish North Texas for budget relief (wishes/events) and revenue generation (events).
- Partner with Development/Corporate to maintain an up-to-date repository of in-kind vendors (Salesforce/WishNet).
- Partner with COO & Program Leadership in support of Board Program Committee organization and activities around budget relief for the chapter.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or related equivalent experience.
- At least 1-2 years related work experience in travel planning, hospitality, and/or care coordination.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to work closely with all constituencies including wish families, vendors, staff, volunteers, donors, and the public.
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Shares the values of Make-A-Wish®: integrity, child focus, excellence, community, and inspiration.
- Strong oral/written communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, especially with volunteers.
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM software (preferred)
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas.
- Must be able to work flexible hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary, including attending weekend and after-hours events.
- Must be able to serve as a backup to other wish staff as needed.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k company match; paid time off and holidays)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com