ABOUT PROJECT TRANSFORMATION NATIONAL
Project Transformation was founded in Dallas, TX in 1998 to ignite the God-given potential in youth to transform their communities. This innovative program activates college-age youth in purposeful internships to provide holistic development for children in under-resourced communities, all taking place in local churches. In 2015, after witnessing its lasting impact on the lives of young adults, children and churches over the years, PT formed a separate nonprofit organization, PT National, to scale PT’s proven model of ministry to develop new chapters and to support existing chapters during ongoing growth and development.
Today, Project Transformation operates nine chapters in eight states, serving approximately 250 young adults and over 1,500 children and youth annually in over 30 churches and communities. At the heart of Project Transformation is a mission to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships. We believe that transformation happens through building mutual and diverse relationships that help connect an increasingly disconnected society. The result is improved reading achievement for students, a more holistic understanding of purpose and vocational calling for young adults, and more connected communities.
Local chapters and the national office work in concert to promote program success and expansion with a focus on local impact. PT National is primarily responsible for: developing, enhancing and effectively communicating the Project Transformation model across the network of chapters and to a national audience; identifying best practices and providing validation of the Project Transformation model through research and evaluation; fostering collaboration and continued learning across the national network; and establishing national partnerships that translate into funding and resources that can benefit existing chapters and the launch of new chapters.
VP OF DEVELOPMENT ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
After several successful years, Project Transformation National is seeking a dynamic leader to build the organization’s fundraising capacity, broaden its national donor base, lead joint fundraising efforts with the chapter network and formalize in-house development operations.
In this newly created role, the VP of Development will report to the CEO and is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of fund development, donor prospect cultivation and grant proposals to support the budget, programming costs and operational expenses of Project Transformation National. Travel for donor cultivation and chapter visits is required.
The VP of Development will:
- Work with the CEO to create a comprehensive, three-year fundraising development strategy and plan that will include individual, faith-based and foundation funding sources, as well as marketing, annual fund and special event components.
- Work as staff liaison to the PTN board of directors in all development related activities.
- Recruit and train volunteer leadership to assist with implementation of fundraising strategy.
- Manage a personal portfolio of major donors/prospects as well as assist CEO with personal portfolio management.
- Cultivation and solicitation of all donor types with an emphasis on increasing major gifts ($10,000 and above).
- Prepare grant proposals; track proposals with accurate and detailed information including foundation contact, due dates, contact information, grant funding, funding cycles and due dates.
- Track prospect and donor activity in the CRM software to ensure metrics are available for reporting to CEO and board of directors.
- Prepare seasonal and personalized thank you letters for all financial / in-kind donations.
- Prepare quarterly newsletters, seasonal mailings and fundraising appeals, including coordination with printer and mailing services.
- Organize, manage, and coordinate fundraising event necessary to promote the mission locally/regionally for the purpose of advancing the organization’s financial success.
- Seek speaking opportunities to promote PTN through churches and other potential support groups.
- Serve as a liaison, resource, and collaborator with PT chapters to identify and cultivate local and shared fundraising opportunities.
- Participate in full staff meetings, task force committees, and other meetings as necessary or requested.
- Maintain a professional presentation and appropriate attire for work situations. The VP of Development will, both at work and beyond work, reflect in attitude and behavior the values and high standards of PTN.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Knowledge of National philanthropic funders and trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree; at least 7 years’ experience in fund development with demonstrated individual major gift success.
- Proven track record in growing fund development revenue from a variety of sources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively meet and monitor funding deadlines.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management skills with the ability to set specific goals and support staff in their achievement.
- Working knowledge of fundraising standards for non-profits.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Ability to engage and motivate people from all backgrounds.
- Ability to represent PT National’s mission and programs to donors and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship building; and ideally, demonstrated experience mentoring and working with volunteers and staff.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter who is well-organized, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of donor database management systems; Preferred experience with Salesforce, WordPress, In Design, and social media platforms.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Integrity, credibility and commitment to Project Transformation’s mission, vision, core values, and statement of equity and inclusion.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.