Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Title: Vice President of Development
Scope: Full Time Position (Exempt/Salaried)
Reports to: President & CEO
Position Type: Hybrid work environment
Salary Range: $124,000- $148,000 (Based on experience and track record)
Benefits: 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Group Term Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, PTO, 11 Paid Holidays
Provides leadership to the Junior Achievement of Dallas development function. Responsible for all revenue generation and provides strategic direction for several board committees including Development, and The Dallas Business Hall of Fame. The position develops and executes a planned and individual giving campaign, provides timely and accurate reports to the President and the Board of Directors regarding the progress of all fund-raising activities, handles all interdepartmental cooperative efforts involving development, i.e., provides accurate data or contributor history for annual report produced by appropriate department.
- Hire, manage and build an effective staff team responsible for all fundraising activities.
- Develop and implement development and marketing strategies for JA Dallas: special events, sponsorships, board, corporate and individual giving, foundations, and service clubs.
- Provides timely and accurate reports to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees on progress of all fund-raising activities.
- Cultivate and Steward current and potential corporate and individual investors to generate financial support from employees and implement special event strategies.
- Develops and monitors budgets for all development related activities; Manages Department records in line with organizational standards and objectives; Develops a yearly timetables, procedures, and responsibilities to be accomplished.
- Responsible for tracking data, effective customer service and accurate financial reports through Blackbaud CRM system.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Team and attend Executive Committee meetings. Provide input for the overall leadership of the organization.
- A minimum of 7 years of fundraising and bachelor’s degree and CFRE preferred.
- Proven track record of successful revenue generation for a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience leading, managing, and developing a strong team of exempt employees.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter, high energy level and the ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Staff development and management experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with donor database software.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Tamiko Stenline at Tstenline@jadallas.org. Deadline January 6, 2023.