Who We Are:
For 50 years, Metrocrest Services (Metrocrest) has provided programs for individuals, families, and seniors that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence. Metrocrest offers a comprehensive bundle of services to address gaps in finances, employment, and nutrition to help holistically end poverty and decrease inequities for residents of Addison, Carrollton, Coppell, Farmers Branch, and the City of Dallas in Denton County.
We are looking for team members who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need. We are based in Farmers Branch, Texas. Local candidates only, please.
Under the general direction of the Director of Special Programs, the Volunteer Manager will be responsible for building strong partnerships both inside and outside of Metrocrest Services to recruit, place, train and retain a diverse and energized group of dedicated volunteers. The Volunteer Manager will coordinate individual volunteers and special visitor groups while also supporting special events and assisting with other projects as needed. The Volunteer Manager requires an individual with an enthusiastic, confident, thoughtful and professional approach to guarantee a rewarding volunteer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Special Programs to design volunteer positions for a broad range of volunteers, projects, and writes job descriptions accordingly
- Recruits and interviews potential candidates for volunteer services within the agency and places them accordingly
- Shares responsibilities for training and supervising volunteers
- Manages and staff’s special events such as United Way fair, health fairs, and job fairs with volunteers.
- Plans and implements volunteer recognition activities
- Recommends policies/procedures associated with volunteers and the programs with which they are involved and assists the Director of Special Programs
- Acts as liaison for CSR program and provides initial screening of CSR Volunteers
- Acts as liaison for the Coppell Community Garden
- Supervises and supports Community Ambassador Program
- Coordinates with programs and related staff that utilize volunteers
- Designs or revises all forms and written information relative to the volunteer program and submits them for standardization
- Conducts an on-going training program for volunteers as necessary
- Works with Development to provide volunteer information relative to grant proposals
- Prepares reports as needed relative to volunteer and program activities and compiles additional data as requested by the CEO
- Plans and prepares annual fiscal year end audit of volunteers, hours, etc.
- Recruit and train Ambassador volunteers and provide necessary marketing materials as needed
- Participates in coordinated efforts with other community groups and organizations in appropriate activities, such as poverty exercises, food drives, food pantry tours, etc.
- Establishes good community relations by projecting a positive image
- Represents and speaks on behalf of agency at community functions as needed
- Submits text and photos for the volunteer link on the agency website and downloadable forms
- Works with Marketing to contribute to a the agency newsletter and other agency publicity
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and any training, conferences or other activities deemed necessary by the Director of Special Programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, & Competencies:
- 3-5 years professional nonprofit experience or program management
- Experience with public speaking
- Experience interviewing candidates
- Proven experience with MS Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (preferred)
- Professional, clear and concise writing style
- Experienced with successful project management, special events and volunteer management
- Experience in working with a variety of audiences including co-workers, individuals, groups and board of directors and the public
- Passion for the mission of Metrocrest Services and helping others
$42,000 - $47,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You’ll love working here because we...
- Have a warm, caring work environment and culture.
- Communicate and collaborate as a team.
- Are passionate about our team members and those we serve.
- Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.