Position: Volunteer & Events Coordinator
Reports to: Development Manager
Summary: Fervently advancing our Mission, the Volunteer & Events Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, screening, and scheduling individual volunteers/groups for both the ReStore and Construction Departments’ needs, as well as developing and overseeing Habitat events. This position also communicates Habitat programs externally to current and future volunteers.
Must support and adhere to…
Core Values and Principles, Employee Handbook, Strategic/Operations Plan, Job Description/Goals
General Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Respond to volunteer inquiries from individuals and groups.
- Coordinate initiation and management of online volunteer sign-up in management software.
- Frequently make presentations to groups of volunteers and others on Habitat programs.
- Direct and plan wall raising and dedication celebrations for Habitat Homes.
- Communicate weekly with Habitat volunteer base through Constant Contact or another email service.
- Interview, screen, and schedule individual volunteers and groups as appropriate for house build, ReStore, and other activities for Habitat CC as required.
- Initiate and build upon existing community relationships with the faith community, other non-profit groups, local businesses, service groups, and others who wish to partner with Habitat CC to ensure an adequate database of active volunteers exists.
- Serve as communications lead to construction, site supervisors, group coordinators, and committee chairpersons to ensure that projects are staffed appropriately.
- Maintain a system to receive feedback from volunteers and supervisors so that training may be updated to ensure that needs are met effectively (for both groups).
- Maintain and revise a volunteer appreciation program and work with committees to promote volunteers within the organization to higher levels of responsibility.
- Recruit and coordinate with a volunteer organizer, food & beverage coordinator, and site host as needed for house builds and other volunteer-staffed activities, including Youth Programs.
General Event Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and executing all events for Habitat CC and ReStore.
- Coordinate with Marketing: Press releases, signage, and marketing collateral for all events.
- Select and design promotional products for giveaways with the Development Director’s approval.
- Attend all events when possible.
- Acquire and nurture event sponsors, both financial and GIK (Gift-In-Kind).
- Develop event forms for all events to ensure everyone involved knows their area of responsibility and provides appropriate follow-up to all events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to work with diverse populations, large and small groups, communicate with others in a clear, professional manner, and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrate an ability to receive and follow instructions, work as a team member, and make and implement individual decisions.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with people and groups.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Good basic computer skills, familiarity with database systems, and willingness to learn Network for Good, Constant Contact, and Volunteer Matrix.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in a position of responsibility with non-profit organizations.
- Have your transportation.
- Physical solid stamina with the ability to lift to 50lbs.
- Ability and willingness to be fully responsible for all outcomes and results of the Volunteer & Events Coordinator position.
- The position is a Full-Time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position and works Tuesday through Saturday and occasional evenings for special events. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board-approved Employee Policies and Procedures Manual.
Position compensation is $19.00 per hour.
For further consideration, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org