Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Title: Volunteer Engagement Manager
Scope: Full Time Position (Exempt)
Reports to: VP of Educational Impact
Position Type: Hybrid
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Benefits: 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, Group Term Life Insurance, Short Disability, PTO, 11 Paid
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Volunteer Engagement of Manager plays an important role in creating and inclusive diverse future workforce by recruiting, training, and managing JA Dallas in-person and virtual volunteers alongside the education team. This position acts as the primary liaison to volunteers and create systems to increase volunteer participation, volunteer rentention, and the overall JA volunteer experience.
- Embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, cultural differences, new experiences and new perspectives.
- Fulfill JA Dallas need to engage volunteers to support 100,000K+ students annually through the recruitment of new corporate and community partners, and steward existing partners.
- Coordinate JA Dallas volunteers, volunteer dates, and events between education managers and corporate coordinators.
- Identify prospective organizations, such as colleges, companies, industry associations, and community organizations, to build new volunteer partnerships and expand resources for JA Dallas.
- Develop/cultivate relationships with new company coordinators to determine company volunteer needs.
- Develop and implement volunteer engagement strategies to increase partner/volunteer retention and steward volunteer partner organizations to provide a strong return on investment for their employees’ time.
- Collaborate with the Development/Education team to design volunteer experiences that leverage expertise of volunteer groups to add value to the students learning experience.
- Attend local corporate and community fairs, and social events to recruit volunteers for JA programs.
- Develop and provide ongoing volunteer training experiences.
- Match volunteers with JA program requests.
- Ensure the completion of volunteer forms and background checks.
- Track the retention rate and performance of volunteers and evaluate effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff to develop flyers, social media, brochures, and web content as needed.
- Create and post social media highlighting the JA Dallas volunteer experience.
- Participate on the leadership team of the JA Annual Celebration and the JA Coordinator Summit.
- Ensure collection of volunteer data according to established processes and standards.
- Plan, design and coordinate donor and volunteer experience surveys and feedback communication.
- Create internal reports for continuous improvement on the volunteer experience.
- Develop impact reports for companies, donors, and volunteers.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to JA’s impact areas (entrepreneurship, workforce readiness, and financial education).
- Deliver excellent communication and customer service for donors and volunteers to ensure a pleasant JA experience.
- Ensure donor and volunteer cultivation is on-going (e.g., cards, useful information/tips, volunteer opportunities).
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Good project management and execution skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong relationship builder and self-starter with a high level of organization and creativity skills.
- Must be a quick learner, problem-solver with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a complex environment.
- Flexible and adaptable style to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities with a strong emphasis on time management, organization, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience supervising or leading interns, students, and/or individuals new to the workforce.
- Comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your own projects.
- Strong written and verbal communicator that can present clearly, persuasively, and succinctly to diverse audiences and multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and experience navigating internet-based research tools.
- Able to navigate database management system (e.g., Blackbaud CRM)
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) a plus
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Tamiko Stenline at Tstenline@jadallas.org. Deadline to submit resume and cover letter September 13th. No phone calls please.