Under general supervision, manages and implements the Town’s Volunteer Programs; recruits, interviews, selects, trains, supervises and retains volunteers; develops program budgets and schedules/assigns volunteers for departments and special events.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, supervises and retains volunteers; partners with Town departments to assign volunteer work and schedules.
- Arranges for volunteer support of special events and activities; recruits, schedules, and manages volunteers for large events, special Town-wide events, and special departmental events.
- Manages all volunteer program activities including logging volunteer data and hours, performing background checks, contacting and scheduling volunteers, tracking work milestones and recognizing volunteers for their efforts and participation; orders supplies such as shirts, clothing, items for special events, office supplies, and volunteer packets and materials.
- Manages internship requests for high school and college student interns serving in unpaid internships with the Town.
- Assists with the Citizen’s Academy and encourages Citizen’s Academy alumni to remain active with the Town through volunteerism.
- Identifies and coordinates volunteer needs with Town departments; partners with departments on an ongoing basis to assess and plan for volunteer needs.
- Represents the Town at special events and through extensive contact with the public and residents via email, planning meetings, and responding to general inquiries.
- Makes volunteer opportunities for the Town of Addison available on Town website and other pertinent platforms as necessary.
- Organizes and conducts volunteer orientations and trainings for larger events or programs.
- Develop and maintain administrative and operating procedures for working with volunteers.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition activities.
- Assists the City Manager’s office by performing on-site activities at Town Hall as required including but not limited to answering phones and assisting visitors.
- Provides support to the activities of the City Manager’s Office by reviewing documents, assisting in the creation of documents and presentations, and supporting City Council meetings and events.
- Participates in various meetings as required.
- May be asked to perform additional job duties that are directly, indirectly, or completely unrelated to normal job functions in the course of presenting certain Town special events.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience Guidelines
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Leisure Services, or a related field; AND at least two (2) years of program or special event supervision or management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relations with fellow employees, volunteers, Town officials, and outside contracts. Safe driving record. Clear criminal background check and clear pre-employment drug screen.
- Microsoft Office software including word processing, spreadsheet, and publishing software.
- Event planning.
- Recruiting and advertising techniques.
- Program management and supervision.
- Recruiting, scheduling and supervising volunteers.
- Working on multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Texas Driver's License is required.
Routine schedule is 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Schedule may be modified if department needs arise. May be required to work overtime if needed, including evenings and weekends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work is generally performed indoors in an air-conditioned facility but may also include limited exposure to outside weather conditions.
The Town of Addison is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Apply online here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/addisontx/jobs/3770361/volunteer-coordinator-part-time