Jonathan’s Place is seeking a full-time Volunteer & Community Outreach Manager.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides a safe place, loving homes and promising futures for abused and neglected children, teens, and young adults. Please visit our website (www.jpkids.org) to learn more about our agency.
The successful candidate will recruit, manage, and retain all individual, group, and corporate volunteers. They will also facilitate the National Safe Place Program.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an effective volunteer management system, including:
o Monitoring compliance with all volunteer-related grants and agency contracts (Texas Department of Family & Protective Services); preparing necessary reports in a timely manner.
o Ensuring volunteers trained and are in constant compliance of Jonathan’s Place policy and procedures, along with all statutory regulations
o Volunteer appreciation
o Coordinating annual volunteer recognition event
- Responsible for identifying volunteer opportunities with Jonathan’s Place staff
- Recruit volunteers using all possible outlets
- Plan and present all Volunteer Orientations
- Coordinate and pick up in-kind goods donations
- Monitor compliance with National Safe Place Program
- Responsible for tracking and reporting monthly outcomes of National Safe Place Program
- Responsible for recruiting and supporting Safe Place sites
- Other duties as requested by CEO and Senior Director of Development
- Minimum undergraduate degree and/or 3-5 years volunteer management or related experience
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, EXCEL, Outlook, etc.).
- Public speaking experience
- Reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid time management skills & ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to receive and respond to performance feedback effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Positive attitude and collaboration skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, as we are rapidly growing
- Demonstrate initiative and independence of action in performing the responsibilities of the position
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to meet attendance requirements. Ability to read, write and communicate the English language effectively. Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking. There is physical activity associated with this position including walking, standing, lifting and carrying light objects (25 lbs.) frequently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability
Submit cover letters, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org