This position is responsible for providing leadership for the development and membership department in order to secure the budgeted revenue included in the $13 million revenue goal. This position is also responsible for leading, planning, implementing and managing the constituent and relationship events for the Dallas Arboretum.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Budget, plan, execute and manage comprehensive annual and long-term development plans.
- Prepare an annual departmental budget for revenue goal attainment and approval.
- Assure that expenses/invoices within budget.
- Assure invoices/expense are reviewed and timely processed for payment.
- Monitor or assist with reconciliation of month end prelims.
*Provide management level leadership and directly oversee all aspects and activities of the Arboretum's fundraising programs, including - but not limited to - foundationand corporate proposals and in-kind gifts, event sponsorship, Friends program, Membership program, Annual Fund, Caroline Rose Hunt Society, donor services and stewardship in order to achieve revenue goals.
- Responsible for leading, planning and managing a minimum of two fundraising events and their revenue and participation goals.
- Oversee the member relations staff related to telemarketing, phone scripts, member promotions, renewal and annual fund letters, acknowledgement letters; work with President in development of creative and attractive member benefits and special member activities.
- Work with staff in the identification of prospects and donor cultivation for major gift donors, Caroline Rose Hunt Society members, etc.; meet personally with select donors and prospects.
- Oversee the proposal/grant writing effort to identify foundations whose funding criteria matches the Arboretum’s needs; assure active support of Arboretum departmental program funding need and follow up stewardship reporting.
- Effectively coordinate and interface with relevant Standing Committees and chairpersons.
- Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least twelve years of successful experience in leading staff and conducting components of fund program development, including program/event budgeting and strategic planning .
- Successful experience in recruiting and supervising volunteers in fundraising activities including special events and third party events
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principal components of a philanthropic fund development program
- Deep knowledge of community engagement and high comfort level with peer-to-peer fundraising model.
- Ability and willingness to support other staffers and collaborate effectively on chapter strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
- Experience in using Raisers Edge fundraising software applications or other donor tracking systems; good computer skills (great proficiency in MS platform).
- Excellent public speaking skills and written communication skills using correct grammatical and professional writing techniques; professional image both on the phone and in person.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time for office functions and to physically facilitate events/donor tours on property.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed.
- Driver’s license to drive garden vehicles and personal vehicles on Arboretum business; proof of vehicle insurance.
KEY COMPETENCIES :
- Effective leader, comfortable with setting clear expectations, and holding her/himself and all team members accountable
- Ability to attract and develop positive relationships with funding sources/donors and corporations.
- Goal and deadline driven.
- Organized with ability to multitask successfully; professional work ethic.
- Flexible, diplomatic, responsive and self-motivated.
- Good judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate and to engage staff.
Dallas Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Dallas Arboretum does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Dallas Arboretum and Botanic Garden complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates
Please go to www.dallasarboretum.org, careers and DABSJOBSAPPLY to apply for this position.
No phone calls or emails please.