DEPARTMENT: Executive and Operations
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
Founded in 1980, CNM is the leading nonprofit management consulting firm in North Texas. Our mission is to strengthen communities by working with nonprofits and other stakeholders to focus on results through strategic management and data expertise and leading-edge technology. Today, CNM is well positioned to have a much deeper impact in North Texas and beyond. We seek a Vice President of Operations to work closely with the President and CEO to ensure CNM delivers measurable, cost effective results that make our vision a reality, as CNM expands partnerships with community stakeholders and nonprofits for lasting, positive change.
The Vice President of Operations will have responsibility for three key areas: manage organizational support functions including human resources, IT, and facilities; oversee all aspects of CNM service delivery (including ensuring client needs are met and all projects are staffed and budgeted appropriately); and participate in large client projects in a consulting and/or project management capacity, as needed.
- Work closely with the President and CEO to implement the organizational vision in CNM’s Strategic Plan
- Ensure ongoing program excellence and client satisfaction across all CNM services
- Serve as project lead for complex and/or large-scale projects, and consult with nonprofit clients, as needed
- Lead CNM efforts in attracting, developing, coaching, and retaining high-performance team members
- Provide leadership in maintaining effective inter-departmental communication with growth
- Participate in Community Engagement Team meetings to confirm sufficient capacity for potential new projects
- Ensure that CNM’s internal dashboard captures the right program outputs and outcomes accurately, and identify opportunities for continuous program improvement
- Manage CNM’s Quality Management System, and work with department leaders to make sure program procedures are efficient, effective, complete, current, and consistent across all departments
- Manage relationships with all providers especially for human resources, IT, and facilities to the level that their services meet organizational demands
- Partner with the Marketing and Development to obtain input from all departments for CNM grant requests and reports to foundations and corporations
- Oversee financial transactions and other activity performed by CNM accountants
- Work with all departments to develop annual department budgets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with MBA preferred
- At least 10 years of management experience, preferably in the professional services industry
- Track record for consistently delivering quality consulting services on time and on budget
- Excellence in human resources management, and budgeting at organizational, department, and project levels
- At least 3 years of experience working with nonprofits
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency that includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- High level of adaptability, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Commitment to CNM’s mission and values – leadership, integrity, quality, teamwork, and stakeholder focus; and effective management of CNM staff, clients, and operational functions.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and CV or resume to email@example.com. This position is located in Dallas, Texas. No phone calls please.