The Vice President of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the President & CEO. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager who will lead and oversee the following areas providing direction and supervision to staff and vendors working in these areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, billing processes for therapy and assessments, human resources, administration, and IT.
The Vice President of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as The Center for Integrative Counseling and Psychology continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of The Center which has a long-standing presence and trust in the community.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of The Center; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President & CEO;
administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Monitor revenues in all programs to ensure goals are being met and work with staff to implement strategies to generate and collect that revenue.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of The Center.
- Develop metrics to measure organizational progress towards goals and success.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Further develop The Center’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional
development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally with an MBA or Master’s degree related to to the work of The Center and work in the non-profit sector
- At least seven years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and
programmatic/operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and
fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing
relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the
organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of The Center
Please email resume to Brianna at firstname.lastname@example.org