Direct the physical operations of the Arboretum including, parking, physical property (non-horticultural areas) third party services, janitorial/set up, and weekend and night management operations. Develop and oversee yearly operations and facility budget, including capital projects. Oversees Facility supervisory staff to assure that daily repairs/maintenance/set ups and janitorial services are addressed in a timely manner utilizing city or other authorized services. Maintains and monitors accountability in capital and budgetary compliance and staffing schedules. Contributes to team effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Development of the yearly strategic plan for the garden as a member of the senior management team
- Ensure that procedures are in place for successful daily operations related to facility services (cleanliness/janitorial, mail collection and processing, parking management, and physical set up needs).
- Supervise service contracts (e.g. parking, custodial) and ensure compliance with contract terms and overall Arboretum policies and goals.
- Ensure compliance with the TMP and the PDD and all Arboretum policies related to facility services; acts as primary contact for TMP issues, including deciding when to invoke the TMP. Ensure property compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Prepare the budget for all aspects of operations; monitor the monthly financial report for appropriate expenditures/ budgetary compliance; obtain competitive bids and issue purchase orders when required.
- Lead in coordination, budget development and management of the installation and strike of the Christmas exhibit
- Management of the children’s garden exhibit technician with assurance all exhibits are visitor ready
- Liaison to the Architectural and Construction Committee meetings. Provide updates to the Committee relative to the physical operations of the garden. Assist as necessary in the maintenance of records of the Committee. Interface as needed with the Board, city representatives, etc. relating to operations projects, city issues, code compliance and assigned remodeling / building projects.
- Management of key facility and operations management staff
- Works with Facility Manager for all major maintenance repairs, HVAC, and capital projects
- Coordinates historical curatorial needs and manages repair needs of both homes, public and private building spaces, parking lots and garage, as directed by the President.
- Participate in defining and planning property logistics for large events
- Train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation a timely manner.
- Plan, manage and execute major project as appropriate during each festival. This included the install and take down oversight of the Christmas Gazebos and Village, Children’s Garden project and others throughout the year.
- Plan and implement yearly budget for facility operations and work with key staff to coordinate all spending.
- Coordinate and oversee long-term contract laborers
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- Five years relevant experience preferred; three years supervisory experience; experience in budgetary and cost controls
- Good verbal skills and written communication skills using correct grammatical and professional writing techniques.
- Good computer skills (great proficiency in MS platform and specific computer software as needed
- Physical able to oversee and direct all facility service functions throughout property and relevant offsite locations; repeated walking, standing
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed.
- Driver’s license to drive garden vehicles and personal vehicles for business purposes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills; professional work ethic.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills; good independent judgment skills
- Successfully lead staff in a positive and productive manner
- Budgetary accountability
- Tenacious; goal attainment driven
To apply, please go to https://www.dallasarboretum.org/contact/employment-opportunities/ then click the DABSJOBSAPPLY link to be directed to our careers site. No relocation package available for this position. No phone calls, please.