Summary of Position
It’s Time Texas is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Vice President of Development and Marketing to serve as the lead communicator and revenue generator. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, this person’s primary responsibility is to raise funds on behalf of the organization. This role’s responsibility is to develop and implement a cohesive communications, event and revenue strategy that supports the strategic plan of the organization. Serving as a key executive team leader, The Vice President of Development and Marketing will work with staff, senior leadership and the board of directors to set and meet revenue targets, conduct the organization’s signature event, The Healthier Texas Summit and produce a cohesive communications strategy in support of program and development objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing, Event & Revenue Strategy, Vision & Planning (30%)
- Serve as the Executive staff leader of marketing, event and revenue teams, providing strategic direction, consistent with the decisions and direction of the Board, CEO and executive leadership team.
- Lead the development and implementation of sustainable revenue planning and diversification materials, including case for support, five-year revenue plan and KPI measurement and reporting.
- Lead strategies and initiatives that enhance the organizations abilities to attract and retain donors, funders and key-partners.
- Develop and lead organizational public speaking processes and opportunities, ensuring appropriate representation and messaging for audiences.
- Support and lead the development and organization of formalized internal and external communications plans and processes.
- Oversee development of all It’s Time Texas communications (e.g., annual report, impact reports, marketing collateral and materials, website, and new media).
- Prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Lead the organizational strategy as it relates to It’s Time Texas’ signature event, The Healthier Texas Summit.
- Engage, cultivate, and manage PR Firm, media relationships and partnerships to ensure appropriate coverage/promotion of programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
Leadership, Administration & Supervision (30%)
- Lead the marketing, communications, development and events team to support the development and execution of the strategic plan and associated department operational plans.
- Mentor and develop staff using a consistently supportive and collaborative approach.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality consistent with the values of It’s Time Texas.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Provide thought leadership to elevate the team’s potential and thinking.
- Foster a mindset within It’s Time Texas that fund development is an organizational effort, creating a culture of philanthropy.
- Work in conjunction with finance department to develop, manage and project organizational budget and revenue targets.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Young Professionals Board and the Board Development Committee.
Partner Cultivation, Solicitation & Stewardship (30%)
- Support an organizational culture that values use of the organization’s CRM.
- Play a critical role in developing and implementing strategies that increase stakeholder engagement with programs, initiatives, and events, as well as the organization overall to maximize impact and increase prospective donor base
- Develop and update donor communications and sales tools
- Lead the organization of fundraising events necessary to promote the mission locally/regionally for the purpose of advancing the organization’s financial success
- Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to corporate partner commitments including activation, signage, online and offline communication channels, and collateral materials
- Oversee account management systems and strategies to ensure cross-departmental communication regarding shared partners and prospects.
- Develop a corporate giving strategy that can be measured and quantified to meet fundraising goals
- Lead board members, executive leadership team and key staff in cultivation of fundraising leads/opportunities
- Solicit, cultivate, secure, and steward corporate donations and investments
- Develop proposals and budgets and deliver presentations via email, phone, and in person
- Formalize stewardship practices and procedures and ensure implementation across the organization.
Research & Prospecting (10%)
- Remain up to date on development and marketing trends, population health information and innovations and data-informed strategies.
- Search and secure opportunities for the organization’s leaders to speak at public events involving high profile members of the community and business world
- Research and identify prospective partners, corporate donors, board members and high net worth individuals passionate about the mission
- Synthesize and summarize opportunity and prospect information clearly and concisely for senior leadership and others involved in development-related activities
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business management, nonprofit administration, or related field is required; graduate degree preferred. Eight (8) plus years’ experience in sales, fundraising, development, and supervision required. CFRE credential preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional sales skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive marketing and financial management knowledge
- Staff leadership
- Fundraising generalist with experience in corporate sponsorship, annual giving, events, grant writing, major and planned gifts
- Marketing campaign expertise
- Emotional intelligence
- Public speaking
- Brand management
- Familiarity with digital media
- Conflict management
- Crisis communications
It’s Time Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers Texans to lead healthier lives and build healthier communities. The mission is to bring people, communities, and organizations together to take action that supports health for all now, and for generations to come. Learn more at https://itstimetexas.org/
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Vice President of Development for It’s Time Texas. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled nonprofit professionals. Minimum starting salary is $90,000; offer will be based on experience.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.