About Us: The center of our work at The Truth Pregnancy Resource Center of Texas (TPRC) is to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally just reproductive counseling services to all individuals who seek our support and guidance.
We are seeking a contract Treasurer Officer to support our start-up, non-profit organization that arises out of the First Unitarian Church of Dallas's decades-long commitment to people's reproductive rights and freedoms. We are seeking someone who will be responsible for managing the financial aspects of our non-profit, ensuring regulatory compliance, and providing strategic financial guidance to the Board of Directors and Staff. The individual will play a crucial role in maintaining financial solvency, transparency, and accountability.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures, such as expense reimbursements and budgets
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to create and manage the annual budget
- Monitor financial performance on a monthly basis, providing accurate and timely financial reports to the Board and stakeholders each month
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure 501(c)(3) compliance reporting requirements, including annual and quarterly federal and state tax and treasury filings
- Prepare and submit financial reports to support grant reporting
- Conduct quarterly physical inventory on-site to understand organizational spending, community needs, and the value of assets for accurate reporting
- Conduct periodic financial audits and assessments to identify and mitigate risk
- Establish and maintain internal controls to safeguard the Truth Pregnancy Resource Center’s digital and physical assets
- Foster positive relationships with key stakeholders and Staff
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors, executive team, and external auditors as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; Master’s and/or CPA preferred
- Experience as a Treasurer in a non-profit setting is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of non-profit financial management, fund accounting, and compliance
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Quickbooks experience required
- ADP Payroll software experience preferred
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- $52/hour for 8-10 hours per month. Some key tax filing months, such as January and May, could require extended hours.
- This is a 2-year contract per bylaws. The contract may be renewed depending on the organization's needs and individual performance.
Location: This role is primarily virtual/remote, with a quarterly on-site visit in Dallas.
- The Truth Pregnancy Resource Center (TPRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Justice (DEIBJ) rooted in dignity, worth, and compassion. Candidates from historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to tprcdallas [at] gmail.com with the subject line “TPRC Treasurer Officer Application”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the vacancy may close without notice.
- After reviewing your resume, our Board of Directors may reach out to schedule an initial phone interview or video interview.
- The final round will be a video interview with the Board of Directors. We anticipate making a hiring decision for an April 2024 start date.