Job Title: Strategic Initiatives Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000
About Mental Health Connection: Mental Health Connection of Tarrant County (MHC) is a collaboration of dues-paying members who share a common vision of a comprehensive, coordinated mental health system in Tarrant County that ensures all people have equitable access to high-quality services when they need them. MHC’s mission is to integrate and strengthen the mental health system in Tarrant County.
Our Impact: Through member collaboration, MHC leverages resources, helps develop a quality mental health workforce and leadership, increases organizational and collective footprint, reduces stigma and advocates for positive change in the field of mental health and substance use disorders.
Position Summary: The Strategic Initiatives Director is a leadership position and will play a vital role in the development and implementation of MHC’s short-term and long-term goals as identified in the new strategic plan. This position reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with MHC’s members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Projects will be implemented in phases)
- Working closely with the Executive Director:
- develop, implement, and manage member initiatives outlined in MHC’s strategic plan. Chief projects include:
- Design and launch technology-driven member training and education collaborative.
- Work with MHC team to plan and execute special speaker symposiums and related logistics.
- Facilitate CEUs when applicable.
- Oversee curriculum development for mental health leadership development track.
- Lead creation of member-driven shared internship program for college students.
- Provide post-training peer support opportunities through communities of practice.
- Recruit and guide MHC member task forces as dictated by strategic plan.
- Create a system to monitor and evaluate training, education, and speaker initiatives using member feedback to enhance future opportunities.
- Oversee and monitor contractors and vendors attached to program initiatives.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in building positive and productive relationships with MHC members.
- Champion MHC’s core values of collaboration, responsiveness, adaptability, knowledge, tenacity, equity, and trust.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with a diverse, multi-faceted audience of members, community partners, public entities, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in marketing and social media efforts to promote programs and events.
- Coordinates and participates in MHC committees, as well as external committees and task forces as assigned by the Executive Director.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Passion and understanding of the importance of mental health access and service delivery, as well as substance use recovery for all individuals, families, and the community as a whole.
- Candidate will have the ability to work onsite at the MHC office in Fort Worth, Texas between the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Strategic and intuitive thinker who meets deadlines and can function in fast paced environment.
- Self-starter: Resourceful and goal oriented, ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively to a diverse MHC membership and other community stakeholders.
- Solid writing and editing skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and some knowledge of a CRM database, such as Salesforce.
- The Executive Director may require additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Preferred proficiency in Learning Management System(s) (LMS).
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
MHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.