Position reports to and partners with the Vice President/Director providing program, committee, marketing, and administrative support to the Institute for Law & Technology (ILT), an institute of The Center for American and International Law (CAIL), and CAIL’s Other CLE Programs. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a strong and diligent attention to detail.
ILT is a member-based organization providing in-person conferences, online webinars, meetings, and social events each year. Other CLE programs include webinars, an Estate Planning program and labor law update program each year, as well as a bankruptcy bench-bar conference held every two years.
Potential tasks may include:
- Assist at educational conferences, programs, and social events—working with faculty, registrants, co-workers, and conference A/V
- Record and edit video recordings of sessions done in-person or on a virtual platform
- Maintain membership database, assist with institute membership recruitment and retention efforts, assist members in utilizing their member benefits
- Work with the Director and attorney and business volunteers to plan and prepare programs and events
- Perform administrative tasks necessary for conferences and other events
- Assist in the solicitation of sponsorships and the fulfillment of sponsor benefits
- Develop social media posts
Education/Experience: A bachelor’s degree and/or significant administrative experience working in an office setting.
Desired Skills or Traits
- The ability to work effectively with co-workers to accomplish a common objective
- Highly organized and very attentive to details and follow-through
- Ability to work independently and to plan the accomplishment of tasks
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and creating and editing PDFs
- Interpersonal, organizational, time management, customer service, and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with editing and proofreading proficiency
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a computer or desk, be able to use a computer, and be able to talk with customers and members via phone.
CAIL is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week Monday through Friday, with hour flexibility between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. (During conferences, meetings and events, hours may start earlier and end later than usual.)
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 an hour
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision coverage for employee, spouse and dependents is available, with CAIL providing a partial benefits supplement. Employee’s short-term and long-term disability is offered at no cost to employee. CAIL offers participation in a 403(b)-retirement plan, with CAIL making a 100% matching contribution of up to 6% of eligible compensation after three months of employment. Vacation accrues at one day per month up to a maximum of ten days annually for new employees.
Limited travel may be required.
While this position has some flexibility for remote work, weekly time in the office is required.
Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to: Wendy Castellana (email@example.com)