WiNGS is a non-profit agency that supports women in realizing their fullest potential and a path to a better life. We support women in becoming strong mothers, successful in the workplace and financially secure. Formerly known as the YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas, WiNGS serves nearly 2,000 individuals each year. If you want to make a lasting impact in the lives of women and children in Dallas County, work with a team of passionate professionals in an evolving organization - WiNGS is a place for you.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Staff Accountant is an integral part of the accounting team at WiNGS and is responsible for bank reconciliations, monthly/annual account analysis, payroll processing and audit/990 support. The position reports to the CFO while following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position is hybrid (in office three days a week). Proficiency with technology is essential during remote work and on-premises.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Perform monthly and annual account analysis including fixed assets/depreciation, benefits, accruals, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, revenue and receivables. Record journal entries as necessary.
- Process cash receipts and generate cash reports as requested. Record revenue and receivables.
- Assist with processing of payroll.
- Provide support for preparation of audit/990 and providing documentation to external auditors.
- Provide timely and effective support to internal & external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Cross-train and serve as backup to other accounting team members.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or minimum 3 years accounting experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct software a plus.
- Comfortable interacting with vendors and various levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Occasionally may be required to work during non-standard office hours as needs arise (evenings/weekends).
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans and retirement. WiNGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.