- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Performs analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and expense accounts.
- Review invoices, approvals, contracts, orders, and prepares reports as needed to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Completes bank reconciliation and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and acceptability.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies, in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Documents, and helps coordinate implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Ledger and generates monthly fixed asset depreciation entry.
- Prepares Audit Schedules as assigned, and answer questions/research as requested by Auditors.
- Review all expense reports for accuracy and acceptability.
- Maintain updated and detailed instruction of Staff Accountant duties for documentation and cross training purposes.
- Execute special projects/duties as needed.
- Experience in NetSuite ERP, including a thorough understanding of its financial modules, processes and advanced capabilities (minimum 2 years working with NetSuite ERP system.)
- Five years staff accounting experience and/or training.
- Bachelor's in Accounting degree (B. A.) from four-year college required.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with advance skill in Excel is a plus (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas).
- Excellent organizations skills and a high attention to detail
Applicants may apply via Daystar's website: https://www.daystar.com/employment/ or email email@example.com .