A dynamic member of the Finance and Accounting team. Must possess an excellent understanding of accounts receivable, pledges receivable, general ledger, and GAAP. Assists the finance department in day-to-day activities, account receivable management and month-end close.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reconcile and prepare journal entries for monthly revenue recognition
- Review and prepare monthly account reconciliations per monthly close deadlines
- Analyze and record COGS transactions
- Complete assigned annual audit schedules
- Review daily cash reports and post deposits in Financial Edge
- Cash reconciliation of multiple online payment systems
- Monthly investment entries and roll forwards
- Oversee and serve as back up for heavy volume accounts receivables to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Monitor and manage payment inquiry processes
- Record, reconcile, and track accounts receivable and pledge payments in databases and send weekly aging reports to the relevant departments
- Work with other departments to ensure documentation is obtained to adequately support the receivables
Other duties and ad hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related discipline required; CPA, CMA preferred
- Two plus years related experience
- Experience with Blackbaud software preferred
- Proficient Microsoft office skills, including Excel and Word
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform repetitive data entry
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills; professional work ethic and presence
- Great attention to details and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact positively and pro-actively with staff to resolve accounts receivable issues.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
Dallas Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Dallas Arboretum does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Dallas Arboretum and Botanic Garden complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Please apply at www.dallasarboretum.org/contact/employment-oppportunities then click the DABSJOBSAPPLY link.
Please, no calls or emails.