Location: Camp Fire Resource Center, 2700 Meacham Blvd Fort Worth 76137
In-Person/Virtual: Hybrid option M-F (2 days in office/3 remote)Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Full/Part-Time Exempt
Full/Part-Time: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Compensation Package: $52,000 annually
Employer-paid benefits package include 80% for employee and 20% for dependents on medical, 50% on dental and vision for employee, 100% for employee short term and long-term disability, 100% for life insurance of 2x annual salary, and 401(k) retirement savings plan including a company match. Paid time off starting at 14 days per calendar year, 1 floating holiday, 7 paid holidays, and December break (1 week). Employee paid supplemental benefits available.
Start Date: Immediately
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing and ensuring that all financial data is properly recorded and accurate. The primary duties for this role include monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and expense reporting required for grants. The Staff Accountant must ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with accounting standards and grant requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure information is prepared in accordance with US GAAP and other regulatory standards.
• Align general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
• Perform account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
• Record payroll journal entry.
• Record necessary reclasses and adjustments.
• Manage fixed asset entries, including policy updates and asset list.
• Add, dispose, and adjust fixed assets as needed.
• Oversee department processes related to expense and revenue recognition to ensure efficiency, internal controls, and timely reporting of transactions.
• Recommend accounting policy updates as needed.
• Prepare PBCs and support CFO with annual audit and 990 filing.
• Provide ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Update training material as needed.
• Backup support for other accounting personnel during planned/unplanned absences.
Month / Year-end Close:
• Review general ledger for accuracy; create correcting journal entries as needed.
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts with the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation reports for all accounts.
• Prepare journal entries for accruals, depreciation, amortizations, and all other balance sheet accounts.
• Record reoccurring journal entries.
• Manage pre-paid schedules.
• Work with CFO on department financial reports/statements.
• Recommend efficiencies for month-end close process.
Contracts & Grant Management:
• Plan, formulate, implement, and administer accounting techniques that enhance and improve the effectiveness of contracts and grants.
• Primary fiscal contact, understand specific grant requirements; ensure compliance on conditions and assurances; ensure reporting requirements are met.
• Create billing for reimbursable grants/contracts.
• Coordinate with the program staff to ensure transactions are properly recorded and agree to the grant/contract agreement.
• Work with Development on program budgets for grant application submissions.
• Develop budget for administrative expenses (overhead allocation) to include in grant program budgets.
• Coordinate the budgeting process and detail for assigned grants.
• Setup budgets in accounting software and monitor budget activity for grants/contracts.
• Monitor balances on grants/contracts; provide reports to program staff monthly.
Cash / Investments:
• Reconcile all bank account and record journal entries.
• Manage cash balance reporting.
• Submit requests for bank transfers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience (7 years)
• 3+ years’ experience in General Ledger/Staff Accountant position.
• Experience working with Financial Edge a plus.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
• The ability to work accurately and independently.
• Experience with grant and contract compliance and reporting.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Apply online or email HR@CampFireFW.org a cover letter, resume & salary requirements. View other open positions at https://www.campfirefw.org/careers/.