Retina Foundation of the Southwest is a non-profit vision research institute dedicated to preventing vision loss and restoring sight. We are seeking a fulltime staff accountant to perform various accounting duties. This position reports directly to the Finance Director.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Accounts receivable, including generating and sending invoices
- Month-end close procedures
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analyses
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 years’ experience in general ledger accounting
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Excel and Word)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally
- Non-profit accounting experience a plus
- MIP accounting software experience a plus
Benefits include PTO, medical, dental, life and long-term disability plus 401K.
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please. Submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Natalie Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.