The Sr. Mission Engagement Coordinator - Development will act as a leader and fundraiser on the Development team and work directly with Traffick911’s donors and volunteers. They will be responsible for planning and executing development initiatives that support the mission of Traffick911. The Sr. Mission Engagement Coordinator - Development will also serve as a speaker/trainer for the community. This position will report to the Vice President, Advancement.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a portfolio of donors through regular personalized communication and building authentic relationships
- Proactively conceptualize donor engagement to align with the organization’s funding goals
- Act as campaign project manager for annual fundraising initiatives
- Support the agency’s strategic plan priorities by developing and growing influential investors in the community
- Track donor details and level of engagement, identify giving potential, and streamline segmented communications
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise external communications with donors and supporters
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training, placement, and retention
- In collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team, represent Traffick911 through public appearances and speaking engagements
- Stay up to date with the latest sex trafficking news, events, and best practices in the field as it relates to ethically communicating on the topic of sex trafficking
- Ensure consistent communication of Traffick911’s brand, values, and mission throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and support people toward a common goal
- Comfortable meeting new people of all ages one-on-one and naturally making a connection with them
- Innate strength in public speaking and training groups
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute a strategic fundraising plan, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - Demonstrated ability to communicate (emails, texts, phone calls) clearly, timely and consistently with many different stakeholders (i.e. staff, volunteers, partners, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, assess situations quickly, and implement appropriate solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and dexterity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for justice for survivors of sex trafficking; General knowledge -- and observable desire to grow deeper knowledge -- of sex trafficking issue and the trauma endured by survivors
- Ability to have a flexible schedule; willing and available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Exemplary work ethic and ability to work in fast-paced, intense environment
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, valid car insurance, willing to utilize personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement for job-related duties)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Documents, etc. Traffick911 operates on Apple laptops.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of seven years professional experience
- At least five years of fundraising and donor relations experience is preferred
- Experience leading, coordinating, and motivating volunteers in a social service or ministry setting
- Previous experience in developing and implementing programs/campaigns is highly preferred
- Adhere to Traffick911’s Core Values and Code of Ethics (traffick911.com/mission-values/)
- Mature Christian faith
- Humble, flexible and resilient
- Pursues excellence
- Culturally aware and appreciative of differences
- Strong service ethic
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others
- Courageous in pursuing opportunities and challenges
- Tenacious in achieving goals
Job will be performed in the Traffick911 office in Addison, TX as well as traveling to various counties surrounding Dallas/Fort Worth. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
This position will spend 3-4 days per week in the office and the remaining work days can be from home and out in the community. The Traffick911 work environment is an open floor plan. Ability to concentrate with ambient conversations is required. There are areas of the office dedicated to focused work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Benefits and Salary
- Traffick911’s benefits package includes group medical and dental insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Traffick911 encourages self-care for all employees and will fund the copay for counseling.
Traffick911 exists with the sole purpose of freeing youth from sex trafficking by building trust-based relationships. This is accomplished by a 24/7 crisis response and the Voice & Choice Program Team walking alongside child sex trafficking victims and with Multi-Disciplinary Team partners. Traffick911 was founded in 2009 by community activists who discovered that child sex trafficking was happening in North Texas. Over its history, the organization’s abolition efforts include training over 82,000 youth and adults face-to-face with prevention and awareness messages, training over 18,000 first responders, and directly serving over 2,000 survivors.
Mission: To free youth from sex trafficking through trust-based relationships.
Vision: Communities free from relational brokenness.
Values: Hope, humility, and humanity
Please send a cover letter and resume with the job title you’re applying for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.