PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Sr. Manager of Programs will provide leadership and management to the North Texas Food Bank's Programs Team, ensuring goals and requirements are defined, tracked and met. This position will promote the vision and team empowerment to transform programs by reaching more people across NTFB's 13-county service area with nutritious food. This includes overseeing day-to-day operation of all programs, quality management, performance improvement and compliance with associated contracts and/or grants.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, social services, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Comfortable working in low-income communities with diverse populations
- Must be able to manage a team and allocate resources
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to manage time efficiently
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking and an effective communicator with co-workers, managers and clients
- Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration, tact, diplomacy and flexibility to work with internal and external customers
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; CRM experience a plus
- Five years of broad and progressively responsible public, social or human services management
- Five years in a supervisory role with some focus on career development
- Knowledge of public benefits and advocacy experience preferred, such as a USDA-regulated program
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach and develop the team to implement, assess and manage their programs by promoting growth in meals and/or impact, and continuous improvement
- Partner with other food banks, hunger relief and disaster relief organizations to maximize the effectiveness of programs through best practices sharing
- Collaborate with Community Partner Relations team to help assess community needs and develop community based plans in order to serve our counties with equity.
- Leverage the Community Impact Strategy team for data insights and partner on strategic initiatives.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with Feeding America, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHSC), Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), Feeding Texas and all NTFB departments
- Develop, maintain and cultivate relationships with existing partners, potential partners, and other NTFB programs/departments for the efficient delivery of services, and/or to establish new service
- Ensure audit-readiness across all teams, understanding and adhering to all policies and procedures as a part of normal business per HHSC, TDA, USDA, Feeding Texas and Feeding America
- Provide various data collection, analysis, and reporting related to strategic projects and research requests as needed
- Provide training and support for new and existing employees; foster partnership and collaboration with other NTFB functions such as MarComm, Sourcing and Operations teams to develop plans around service sustainability, communications, program promotion and continuous improvements
- Promote a culture of high performance, customer service, accountability, quality and excellence
- Equitable and timely leadership of performance management and team learning objectives
- Effectively represent NTFB in the community, as an ambassador of our values and mission
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- Lead a team of approximately 13 people with 7 direct reports
- The person in this position needs to adapt well in the face of workplace stressors, such as customer complaints and competing priorities of reasonable or high significance to the successful function of the unit.
- Must be able to effectively interpret data and make critical decisions that will have a significant impact on the team and organization.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with open floor plan with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic)
- Some travel is required within our 13-county service area
The mental and physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all skills, duties, responsibilities, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, NTFB reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The North Texas Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/Km8qYlsaegogEIAllfXlwe