Under the direction of the Senior Director, Development, the Sponsor Relations Manager is an agency Innovator. Broadly speaking he/she has responsibility for soliciting and securing sponsorships for the construction services of Trinity Habitat for Humanity from the communities of Mansfield and Weatherford and faith groups in Tarrant County. As a key member of the development team, the Sponsor Relations Manager, is to be a liaison with sponsor groups, nurturing and building relationships prior to, during and following the build experience.
Innovators are independent and impactful decision makers. They constantly look for ways to improve their major program, challenge the system with new ideas and never settle for following a well-worn path!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities…
He or she must:
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- At least three years fundraising experience required in Tarrant County
- Experience fundraising directly with faith groups preferred
- Exceptional writing and communication skills and experience including public speaking
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and training in The Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge and acceptance of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to independently draft correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works Monday through Friday. Office hours are flexible. Evening and weekend work is required. It is an exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Handbook.
Trinity Habitat expects you to succeed in your actions and outcomes according to…
- Core Values
- Operations Manual
- Employee Handbook
- Job Description
- Strategic Plan
- Job Goals
- Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
- Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
- Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
- When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
- Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
- Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
- Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
- Wholly manage a primary agency program.
- Routine, independent, subjective and significant decision-making is required.
- Deploy “Gung Ho” and “Broken Windows” management principles and practices.
- Program budget creation and adherence.
- Monitor agency for operational checks/balances and integrity. Think in terms of fraud and theft prevention.
- Create and maintain relationships with Habitat for Humanity International and other Habitat affiliates.
- Independently represents the agency outside of the office/warehouse/store.
- Authority to deviate from Operations Manual without prior approval for special circumstances.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit contributions totaling a minimum of $500,000 in cash contributions annually from the communities of Mansfield and Weatherford as well as faith groups within Tarrant County.
- Manage the Cowtown Brush Up program regarding sponsorship and volunteers.
- Invite groups, individuals, and those in your personal and professional circles to HabiTours, the annual BUILDSTRONG Lunch and other Habitat events, as necessary.
- Recruit Habitat Ambassadors to host HabiTours and serve as a table captain at the annual BUILDSTRONG Lunch.
- Assist in providing a well-coordinated build experience for sponsors and volunteers.
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 prospects.
- Appropriately show appreciation to partners through notes, calls, emails, build site visits, and official thank you stewardships.
- Work with the Trinity Habitat Volunteer Coordinator to respond to the concerns and requests of donors and their volunteers.
- Research and actively solicit new partners, including creative ideas for partnership.
- Be visible and present at build site for sponsors as appropriate.
- Speak at community, corporate, faith or other gatherings with the intent to inform and promote funding for Trinity Habitat.
- Provide development and support for special events, special donor recruitment, and direct mail projects.
- Ensure that the annual house building budget is met by soliciting “Partnership Homes” and “Cowtown Brush Up” sponsors.
- Develop cultivation process that fosters good relations with all sponsors/prospects.
- Utilize donor database (The Raiser’s Edge) and maintain all sponsor and prospects records and activities.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
- Availability to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings as necessary.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and operational vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email
ONLY to: Lydia.Traina@TrinityHabitat.org. No phone calls please. EOE