Special Events Manager (Part-Time)
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION (20 hours per week). Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Special Events Manager is responsible for supporting two special projects and managing the Center’s longest-standing fundraiser, Teddy Bear Ride. The Special Events Manager will also manage the Gala committee. Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years successful experience in fundraising or other relevant project management work experience (preferably human services related). Position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and event software is a plus.
- College Degree
- Experience developing and executing high level fundraising events
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving
Job Skills Required:
- Proven track record of developing and executing high-level fundraising events.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain donor, volunteer, and vendor relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and manage event budgets.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility of schedule to work as needed for events and meetings.
- Collaborates well with teams and works well independently.
- Manage budget of event(s) including records of receipts for event expenditures, payment of vendors, and payment of sponsors/partners.
- Plan and execute all aspects of special events to maximize revenue, including venue, entertainment, catering, and all logistics.
- Develop print materials for all special events
- Manage event committees for Teddy Bear Ride and Gala and build collaborative, successful relationships with special event volunteers and committee members.
- Provide support for Gala data entry, including guest information, seating, and ticket and gift processing.
- Provide support for the annual Guardian Angel Reception.
- Work with Community Relations Manager to develop content for website and press releases, and promotion related to all special events.
- Ensure donations are received, and recorded and that thank you letters are written to donors, participants, committee members, volunteers, etc. for each event and special project.
- Collaborate and manage all logistical details for CAC’s special projects, Back to School Fair and Holiday Project.
- Provide information as needed for the annual special event audit
- Regular communication with the Vice President of Development regarding event budget, event status, event challenges, volunteer needs, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: Qualified applicants may email cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.