The Special Events Manager reports to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for managing all aspects of special events; from collaboration on conceptualization to execution of events that will maximize fundraising opportunities for the Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County.
- College Degree
- Experience developing and executing high-level fundraising events
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving
Job Skills Required:
- Proven track record of developing and executing high level fundraising events.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain donor, volunteer and vendor relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage event budgets.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility of schedule to work as needed for events and meetings.
- Collaborates well with teams and works well independently.
- Manage budget of event(s) including records of receipts for event expenditures, payment of vendors and payment of sponsors/partners.
- Plan and execute all aspects of special events to maximize revenue, including venue, entertainment, catering and all logistics.
- Develop print materials for all special events, including but not limited to: save the date, invitations, sponsor books and event programs.
- Work collaboratively with donors, staff and volunteers to secure items for silent and live auctions for all fundraising events.
- Vet all consignment partners to find fresh, affordable, high quality auction options for our donors.
- Manage all auction data entry, forecast and item photography.
- Build collaborative, successful relationships with special event volunteers and committee members.
- Lead special event committee meetings, create agendas, follow up with all members regarding tasks.
- Plan and execute all aspects of the annual Guardian Angel Reception.
- Plan and execute all aspects of special annual events that vary from year to year such as committee appreciation events, retirement receptions, Open Houses and Community Cocktail Hours.
- Work with Community Relations Manager to develop content for website and press releases, and promotion related to all special events and car raffle.
- Ensure donations are received, recorded and that thank you letters are written to donors, participants, committee members, volunteers, etc. for each event and special project.
- Collaborate and manage all logistical details for CAC’s special projects such as Back to School Fair and Holiday Project.
- Manage portfolio of 15-20 donors to establish long term and meaningful relationships for the Advocacy Center.
- Provide information as needed for the annual special event audit
- Regular communication with Vice President of Development regarding event budget, event status, event challenges, volunteer needs, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor