Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
This is satisfying work that makes a difference in students' lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a life-changing impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employees professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supports the organization through an array of fundraising efforts including, but not limited to fundraising events, proposals, marketing, data management, corporate philanthropy, annual giving, and donor stewardship. Works with the Chief Development Officer and Development Managers on assigned development responsibilities and projects.
Scope: Full-time position
Reports to: Senior Manager of Major Events & Giving
Remote/Hybrid Position-based in Dallas
Salary: Starting at $50,000 and up, commensurate with experience. Eligible for performance-based incentives and bonuses. Exempt position.
JA Dallas Business Hall of Fame
- Member of the team that plans and implements the Dallas Business Hall of Fame alongside the Senior Manager of Major Events & Giving.
- Responsible for assigned components of this prestigious event attended by community leaders and their guests.
- Responsible for creation, recruitment, orientation, and management of Auction, resulting in high quality auction that meets financial goals.
- Cultivates and solicits event sponsors to grow the revenue in Hall of Fame event.
- Plays a key role in day-of event implementation and Run of Show.
Junior Achievement Bowl a Thon Special Event
- Key staff person in charge of executing JA Bowl A Thon events throughout the year.
- Develops and implements strategies and tactics to significantly grow revenue and participation in Bowl-A-Thon and provides the vision and leadership for growth.
- Researches and implements sector best practices, ensures plans for expanding sponsorships and team recruitment are developed and followed, and provides training for corporate Bowling Coordinators.
- Ensures that web and printed materials are developed, easy to follow and that participants enjoy the event and want to participate in the future.
Special Events Support
- Organizes and executes other events and campaigns as assigned to meet desired cultivation outcome and financial goal.
- This may include annual meetings, donor/prospect receptions, community events, etc.
- Develops appropriate sponsorships and incentives to secure participation
- Supports annual individual giving efforts, including but not limited to:
- North Texas Giving Day
- Staff Giving Campaign
- United Way Staff Giving Campaign
- Supports donor recognition plan implementation and effective stewardship of donors to enhance retention of relationships and increase revenue and volunteers over time.
- Ensures sponsorship and other promised recognition is delivered as promised for each donor.
- Provides authentic and connected experiences for every donor by using a variety of tools such as visits, phone calls, thank you letters, invitation to JA events, tours, and stewardship reports.
POSITION SPECIFICATION: (Education, Experience, Certification and Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of successful fundraising, sales, or event experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage timelines, deadlines, and multiple projects simultaneously.
- High level of initiative to achieve organizational goal and objectives.
- Effective personal interactive and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates persuasive skills and a sense of urgency in achieving goals.
- Ability to work with individuals at various levels of organizations and presents a professional image.
- Effective written and oral communications and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize projects, events and the ability to handle multiple priorities at one time.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with volunteers, fundraising or event experience a plus.
- Proven ability to implement special events that meet revenue expectations and budget.
- Marketing and social media experience.
- Experience in a sales or marketing position.
- Knowledge of event management, project management and customer relationship management software.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com . No phone inquiries.