The Gladney Center for Adoption, a premier non-profit adoption agency, seeks a self-motivated, organized professional to be a key contributor to Gladney's Executive team. The Senior Vice President Finance will be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, records, procedures and financial strategic plan for Gladney Center for Adoption. This position will be the strategic and tactical leader for financial initiatives across Gladney and will coordinate the development and implementation of operating and capital budgets, safeguard assets, and Gladney’s financial policies and procedures. The Senior Vice President Finance provides leadership to the functions of general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, materials management, budgeting, decision support, reimbursement, investments, daily cash management, financial reporting, and general contract oversight for both the Gladney Center and Gladney Fund. This position will coordinate the Gladney Center and Gladney Fund consolidated financial statements and the audited financial statement process as well as the annual preparation of the Form 990s.
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and development of the annual operating budget (includes statistical, FTE, expense, revenue, capital, and cash budgets) and related budgeted financial statements consistent with Gladney budget guidelines.
- In coordination with the Gladney Center Finance Committee, monitors the long-term and short-term financial performance and financial position of Gladney to identify variances and key trends that affect financial viability. Facilitate early recognition of changes in financial circumstances so that timely operating adjustments can be made when necessary.
- Leads efforts for maintaining a financial accounting system for timely and accurate recording, allocation, reporting, and monitoring of all Gladney financial transactions in the general ledger system.
- Responsible for the proper accounting and disbursement of funds (payments) owed to vendors for goods or services. Assures that proper protocol exists for authorization of such transactions in regard to district policy, dollar limits, budget requirements, internal control, and other criteria.
- Ensures that sound accounting practices are implemented within Gladney in accordance with standards issued by FASB, GAAP, and other authoritative and licensing bodies.
- Serves as an investment officer and assuring investment practices are consistent with the investment policy of the Gladney Fund and coordinates with the Gladney Fund Board for oversight and reporting.
- Consistently attentive to record keeping and documentation of accounting activity and any other record maintenance requirements.
- Communicates directly and judiciously with external auditors, financial entities, third party consultants and other external entities in regard to financial matters and/or new processing procedures.
- Collaborates with senior management to establish and meet objectives related to financial performance, financial position, and operating standards for Gladney.
- Mentor and develop staff, managing workloads, problem resolution, performance management, and building of an effective team.
- Fiduciary oversight of Gladney’s retirement plans and related audit.
- Act as the liaison to the Gladney Center Finance Committee and The Gladney Fund Board.
- Responsible for maintaining our D&O insurance needs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance required, Master’s degree preferred.
- The Senior VP will be a seasoned and mature leader with ten (10) years of broad finance experience, and ideally a minimum of five (5) years non-profit finance administration and leadership experience.
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in interpreting a strategic vision into an operating model.
- An effective communicator at all levels within the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training
- Current knowledge of GAAP, and Federal, State and local laws and regulations and their implication and impact on Gladney must be maintained.
- Highly skilled in network-based, computer applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, databases and word processing.
- Licensure as a CPA.
Gladney is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com