Senior Director of Development
Salary $85,000 - $95,000 (Commensurate with experience)
Dallas, TX (Hybrid)
Must be in the office at least 2-3 days per week.
About Human Rights Initiative (HRI)
For the past 22 years, HRI has provided legal and critical social services for courageous and resilient immigrant survivors of human rights abuses from all over the world. HRI is funded primarily through private sector giving.
The Human Rights Initiative of North Texas is seeking a dedicated and passionate Senior Director of Development to join our team. This position works in close partnership with the Executive Director and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team at HRI. The Senior Director of Development is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors, corporations, corporate/private foundations, and securing grants. This position will also be responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of at least one major fundraising event per year. In addition, the Senior Director of Development will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for growth and developing and executing multi-year planning goals to increase private, corporate, foundation and grant revenue. Lastly, the position will be responsible for managing the Director of Volunteer Management & Donor Engagement, which supports placement of Pro Bono legal attorneys, program volunteers, development back-office administration, and digital communication channels.
The Senior Director of Development will display competency and sensitivity in representing low socioeconomic and limited-English-proficient clients.
The position will be responsible for a portfolio of $1M+ and reports to the Executive Director.
- Formulate and execute a multi-year fundraising roadmap, including annual targets and milestones, to drive sustained revenue growth.
- Cultivate and steward long-term relationships with major donors, corporate sponsors, and foundation representatives to secure and grow funding revenue.
- Lead and strategize grant application processes, while partnering with external grant-writing consultants to ensure timely and successful submissions.
- Design, implement, and oversee specialized fundraising initiatives and campaigns that align with organizational goals and priorities.
- Coordinate and execute signature fundraising events, while also leveraging other event opportunities throughout the year.
- Provide effective leadership and management to development team, fostering a culture of accountability and alignment with HRI's mission and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Development, Communications, Nonprofit management, Business or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in leading fundraising and event management
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing. Candidates with significant writing experience outside of grant writing will be considered.
- High-level proficiency using Microsoft suite products and cloud-based CRM/digital engagement software.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time-management skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Interpersonal and emotional intelligence, warmth, resilience.
- Provide support and contribute to a working environment in which all individuals are respected regardless of their individual differences.
- Able to work on a computer, including sitting at a desk, for extended periods of time.
- Able to speak clearly on the phone and in person.
- Able to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Salary and Benefits
The position is a full-time exempt position. The salary range is $85,000 - $95,000, commensurate with experience, in addition to health, vision, dental, and ancillary benefits. We offer competitive time off benefits including 10 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, 1 week closure during the December/January holidays and ample sick and vacation time.
Other benefits include:
- 100% employer paid health insurance premium for employee only
- Employer paid parental leave
- Employer paid short term disability leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Human Rights Initiative of North Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. Candidates from immigrant, global majority, and diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a fair chance employer. A criminal background check will be conducted prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
HRI follows CDC guidelines relating to COVID-19.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Shalaina Abioye at firstname.lastname@example.org