The Senior Director of Annual Giving reports to the President/CEO and is a member of the organization’s Senior Management and Development teams. The Senior Director is responsible for strategic design, execution, management and measurement of Vogel Alcove’s annual giving and individual giving programs, with the goal of increasing gift revenue and donor engagement.
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUPERVISES: Development Associate(s); Director of Marketing
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Development Officer to develop an integrated matrix of solicitation strategies involving tactics such as direct mail, e-mail, social media, crowd-funding initiatives, personal visits/solicitation and donor engagement all focused on consistently increasing levels of annual support.
- Develop strategic marketing plans in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and oversee the implementation of the goals, activities, and metrics.
- Provide strategic direction and short- and long-range planning in the context of growing the annual giving program, while supporting the greater Development goals of the organization.
- Responsible for building relationships with portfolio of individual donors.
- Manage oversight for the Classroom Champions giving club ($1,500 and above), with the goal of keeping donors engaged in our programs.
- Manage oversight for the Community Heroes and Community Heroes, Jr. program.
- Manage oversight of the Flight program, with the goal of increasing the number of monthly recurring donors.
- Retain donors from year to year through an efficient and effective gift acknowledgement process and other stewardship initiatives.
- Responsible for face-to-face solicitation to increase annual fund support.
- Responsible for solicitation of sponsors and ticket sales for Blue Bird Bash event.
- Responsible for solicitation of $3,000 and below sponsors for the Arts Event.
- Develop and implement a community outreach strategy to increase the diversity of donors/volunteers engaged with Vogel Alcove.
- Act as point of contact for annual giving events; at times manage and lead events.
- Utilize Salesforce to track visits, produce contact notes, and conduct appropriate donor follow-up.
- Develop a portfolio of reports from the Salesforce data base for measuring performance, analysis, and reporting.
- Supervise the Development Associates and the Director of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years of Development experience including demonstrated success in annual giving, preferably in a non-profit community-based organization.
- 5 years experience managing Marketing initiatives in previous roles.
- Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals and corporations from a variety of sources and in developing relationships with donors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of data entry systems and reporting (Salesforce experience preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, managing people and budgets, and an ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and information.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
- Upbeat, positive, warm, and outgoing personality, with a passion for Vogel Alcove’s mission.
- Ability to work on selected weekdays, nights and weekend evenings as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to HR@vogelalcove.org.